HELP! Login failed message

Jisela Jenvieve

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

PROBLEM!! When I try to login I get the message: "Login failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong...." I just paid for premium membership and have downloaded the Beta Viewer and older versions (including the 2.2.0 I had previously), all say the same thing. I have been using SL almost a year and this is the first time I have seen this message. I finally decide to upgrade and pay them and this is what I get!! I want a REFUND!!!!!!!

10 answers to this question

You can clear your cache manually by going to:

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife

(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife

(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife and /Local/SecondLife

Delete the contents of the folder and restart your computer.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

Looks like I have a bigger problem now. I did a system restore to see if that fixed the problem and now neither Firefox or Internet Explore work along with SL. I can only use AOL to get internet connect. And I tried my current SL viewer on another computer (I keep it save on my portable drive) and it works fine. So it seems I have some internet connection issue and I have no idea where to go from here. I probably messed something up when I tried changing Firewall settings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.