Best way to report fraudulence / theft on MP?

Rosinante Vinson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My understanding is that LL reserves the right to delete any content they like, any time they want. They actually don't, if I recall the outcome of a lawsuit -- but what I hear most often is that if LL takes it upon themselves to delete IP infringing content, they somehow make themselves liable to legal action -- they relinquish their Something  Harbour status. 

Pamela Galli wrote:

My understanding is that LL reserves the right to delete any content they like, any time they want. They actually don't, if I recall the outcome of a lawsuit -- but what I hear most often is that if LL takes it upon themselves to delete IP infringing content, they somehow make themselves liable to legal action -- they relinquish their Something  Harbour status.

Well, I don't know the answer, I just ask questions ;)

It may well be that LL felt they had the right to remove content from their own land but not from SL as a whole.

• 2 months later...

i wish .. exactly same, would happen.. i tried several times to report a store that was selling stolen items.. all those hair creators for example ... sadly its really impossible ...to flag a store as a fraud .. i am sure it wouldnt be that hard to create a simple:  'flag as stolen content' .. button ... it would be so easy to take them down ..

Sandra Ixito wrote:

i am sure it wouldnt be that hard to create a simple:  'flag as stolen content' .. button ... it would be so easy to take them down ..

Are you sure that button wouldn't be used as a way to easy elimintae a competition? Can you stop for a moment and think about it, how many jelaous merchants/store owners would use that button against each other? And how much work would LL have to investigate all those reports?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.