Sign in to follow this  
Coco Loxingly

some items on my land will not allow me to sit, popup"no room to sit, try another spot"

Question

No.  That's just the nature of the SL physics engine.  When you try to sit, the servers go through a quick calculation to see whether there is room for you to sit at that exact spot, whether the surface is solid enough, whether someone else is already sitting there, and whether you have permission.  It's a complex calculation, and it's not always clear how it works. All you can do is keep trying.  Different spot, different angle.....  Cursing helps sometimes.

3 answers to this question

No.  That's just the nature of the SL physics engine.  When you try to sit, the servers go through a quick calculation to see whether there is room for you to sit at that exact spot, whether the surface is solid enough, whether someone else is already sitting there, and whether you have permission.  It's a complex calculation, and it's not always clear how it works. All you can do is keep trying.  Different spot, different angle.....  Cursing helps sometimes.

some items have a "behaviour" that an item can be assigned to...SIT on OBJECT, pay, touch, opena nd zoom....

if a person has not assigned that item to be able to be sat on... it will be assigned the  "touch" - the default feature in the objects general behavious...

now with that being said- then its in the default seltection.. like "TOUCH" you cant really sit on it....

that is waht that sounds like to me that this prim's beahviour is...

you need furnature that allowes mutliple poses/multiple peope to sit n the items....

I hope that helps

Lishajoya Have

The usual cause of this is a sim surround.

You'll get that "no room to sit" error if you attempt to sit on an object that doesn't have a sit target set when it's inside the bounding box of any other object.