Batter Up: New Sports Section

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been part of the currently booming SL Professional Wrestling business since it basically started in late 2007 and have been with the DCWF (formerly SLCW) since its inception in 2008.

Wrestling right now is one of the most popular sports (if you want to call it a sport) in SL, and in my opinion, right behind good ole' GOHA Hockey in terms of participation and popularity.

There's not only the DCWF for Wrestling. There's the VWE (which like DCWF, is featured on SL's Destination Guide), OEW and the UWS for wrestling on SL.

VWE and DCWF regularly receive coverage in SL press, and both have major TV deals, VWE with the new MetaMix.TV (formerly known as Rezzed.TV) and DCWF, which is scheduled to soon be aired on Treet.

It's worth checking SL Wrestling out, and don't just ask me, ask the hundreds of those who are fans of, and participate actively in SL wrestling!

• 3 weeks later...

Ian said: "I hear water sports are popular in SL. I'm not sure whether you have to go to Zindra them." 

Ian, you may have something else in mind, :smileyhappy:
but let me use your comment to add a big plug here for SL Sailing.

Second Life has a truly wonderful and diverse community of sailors;
they've grown and evolved in SL over the past eight years.
There are now several wind engines by great scripters that power many great sailing emulations,
and every day the sailing experience in SL gets closer to Real Life.

No surprise, the SL community of sailors has grown far beyond vehicle and race scripts.
There are now several hundred marinas, shops, yacht clubs, boat builders,
and residential maritime estates scattered across the mainland waterways and offshore islands.
That adds up to a lot of jokes, a lot of cruises, a lot of races...
and quite a few memorable late-night sails over beautiful oceans with good friends.

OK, I love SL hockey, and many other SL sports too. They are all pretty fantastic.

However, when a new person asks me "What's good about SL, anyway?"
I usually introduce them to a sailor. :-)

Actually... I show them a few videos first.
Here's the new Sailing Promo video by Surfwidow Beaumont and Charlz Price.

Here's Surfwidow's video from the 2007 SL Americas Cup Event:

And if that's not enough, I posted Don Berithos' homage to the upcoming Americas Cup Challenge in RL and SL here: http://metaversesailing.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/the-cup-is-back/

See you on the dock! :smileyhappy:

Celtdan McMahon wrote:

I've been part of the currently booming SL Professional Wrestling business since it basically started in late 2007 and have been with the DCWF (formerly SLCW) since its inception in 2008.

Wrestling right now is one of the most popular sports (if you want to call it a sport) in SL, and in my opinion, right behind good ole' GOHA Hockey in terms of participation and popularity.

There's not only the DCWF for Wrestling. There's the VWE (which like DCWF, is featured on SL's Destination Guide), OEW and the UWS for wrestling on SL.

VWE and DCWF regularly receive coverage in SL press, and both have major TV deals, VWE with the new MetaMix.TV (formerly known as Rezzed.TV) and DCWF, which is scheduled to soon be aired on Treet.

It's worth checking SL Wrestling out, and don't just ask me, ask the hundreds of those who are fans of, and participate actively in SL wrestling!

You know, I Happened to ne One of those Wrestlers who is part of the SL wrestling Community ... (Thanks Celt .. I owe you a cWo shirt and a new Announcers desk for beating me to the punch -lol-) .. I Primarily wrestle for the uWs (Universal Wrestling Syndicate) who recently worked out our Own TV deal with the VWN1 network but I've wrestled in the DCWF, OEW, VWE and along with working with places like PRWW and HAWx and more ... all are GREAT places and I encourage Anyone to show up to these shows and just have a good time .. At least Once a night you can Catch a Show at any one of the places I've meantioned or just come by and see if a wrestler or staff representative is around the arena's they wrestle at (Usually you'll find SOME ONE) to talk to about their shows and product ...

So If you're a fan of Pro wrestling, Why Not check out Any of those Places for a Good time

• 5 months later...

ressurecting this thread but nyeh

I like to play baseball in SL with friends during the summer

Snapshot_253(1).png

interestingly enough it's about the only major league sport in SL that doesn't have league teams, we need to fix that

but yeah I do know there's playable football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, volleyball, golf, skydiving, surfing, ice skating, roller skating, shooting, scuba diving, fishing,  diving and swimming, wrestling, boxing, martial arts, fencing, archery, hang gliding, sailing, snowboarding, skateboarding, simboarding, sim ball, frisbee, wakeboarding, car racing, motocross, tennis, yoga, aerobics, gymnastics, cheerleading,. equestrian events, rodeo, bicycling, rock climbing, big game hunting, jetskiing, snowmobilling, skiing, bobsledding, dogsledding, *gasp deep breath*  windsurfing, canoing, rowing, kayaking, whitewater rafting, kendo, weightlifting,AND  bowling and that's just based off the items I've seen for sale on Xstreet

so yeah there's sports in Second Life

• 2 months later...

Like most of you, i've tried my hand at just about all aspects of what SL has to offer; gaming included. The one sport i have found to stand out from the others is Roller Derby in SL.  Psych0 Starship, owner and creator of Second Life Roller Derby (SLRDA) has brought the RL action of Roller Derby to the virtual world. 

This fast paced, hud based sport puts you right in the action. Whether its hip-checking an opponent, or running plays with your team during a bout; SLRDA offers SL residents the opportunity to engage in this live-action virtual sport. 

Roller Derby is open to all skill levels in SL and teams as currently filling rosters for the 2012 season.  If you think you have what it takes to be a SLRDA Derby Girl, drop by the SLRDA Headquarters and pick up an application.  If you'd like to view a Psych0 Riot Bitch practice, IM MizDeMeanor Morpork, Heaven Evensong, Darling Scribe or Throb Zombie to set up a time.  Also, the 2011 SLRDA Chamionships are almost here!!!  Come out and support your favorite SLRDA Derby Girls, if you're lucky you might get a complementary hip-check!  {not responsible for bruising, addiction and insane fun!..well ok yeah, we're responsible for that...but we just love it so much!}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.