April Fools joke backfires lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Macy Verlaine wrote:

Being hacked never occurred to me. I just said, "Huh, they have pictures now" and went on logging in.

I wonder if it made a difference which pic they got...I got the "Who Dat?" one and I recognised Jessica, but there was one that said something like...I`m in your machine looking for bugs lol

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Yeah technically that was a successful prank lol They still posted an apology on their site to anyone upset by it.
:D

ya i had gotten a notice from the group a little bit ago to go to the site lol..i saw it about 3am central time thismorning when i woke up..we were in GZ groups having a giggle about it lol..

I know this is sort of off-topic .. and I apologise .. but I have GOT to share it.

Years ago I got a panicked phone call from a co-worker begging me to come over and fix his computer. When I asked what happened, he explained ...

He'd been cruising around, following links and generally exploring .. when he came to a web page that expanded the browser window to full screen and said in giant flashing letters "WE HAVE HACKED YOUR COMPUTER! WE OWN YOU!"

He immediately powered off ... waited a bit .. then fired it up again. Even though everything seemed okay and his Virus Scanner didn't report anything, he began deleting files that had dates of that day. He found them ALL over his hard drive .. in some very scary places too. By the time he finally gave up, he'd lobotomized Windows and most of his applications.

Anyone wanna guess what day of the year that was? ROFLMAO!!

i feel like we were left out in Firestorm..We didn't get a neko joke pwaid on us!!!

i call favatism!!

At the same time i hope they keep it there and put something in FS too ..it's nice to see the devs having fun..kind of like blizzard does with their  site on holidays to mess with the customers..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

At the same time i hope they keep it there and put something in FS too ..it's nice to see the devs having fun..kind of like blizzard does with their  site on holidays to mess with the customers..

Anyone remember a few years back when LL had a sense of humour? ...One April 1st they messed with all the little messages inworld, like when you are TPing and it says *contacting region" etc they changed them all to some hilarious stuff, people get so used to not reading those messages that it it took all day for some to even notice :D

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Macy Verlaine wrote:

Being hacked never occurred to me. I just said, "Huh, they have pictures now" and went on logging in.

I wonder if it made a difference which pic they got...I got the "Who Dat?" one and I recognised Jessica, but there was one that said something like...I`m in your machine looking for bugs lol

OMG - it probably would! I got the one of her, which was just cute.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Macy Verlaine wrote:

"im in ur viewer, fixing ur bugs!"

priceless =) =) =)

too bad I would've completely missed it if I hadn't seen this thread, since I use a login shortcut that skips that screen.

'I'm in ur viewer, fixing ur bugs'

Very disappointed that this was a joke :smileysad:. I started clapping when I saw it. I wanted her to get rid of those stars in the sky, and the way my whole system freezes whenever I try to trash mutiple items, forcing me to reboot.

I love phoenix but.....if only that cute little girl would fix my bugs.:smileytongue:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Anyone remember a few years back when LL had a sense of humour? ...One April 1st they messed with all the little messages inworld, like when you are TPing and it says *contacting region" etc they changed them all to some hilarious stuff, people get so used to not reading those messages that it it took all day for some to even notice

FWIW, I think that was the last April Fool's prank LL will ever pull. A lot of people got inordinately upset by those, and yelled about LL wasting resources with silly TP messages versus "fix the lag" and stuff.

I s'pect they still have a sense of humor (This pretty much confirms that), but they cant much show it without people being upset. :-/

Marianne McCann wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Anyone remember a few years back when LL had a sense of humour? ...One April 1st they messed with all the little messages inworld, like when you are TPing and it says *contacting region" etc they changed them all to some hilarious stuff, people get so used to not reading those messages that it it took all day for some to even notice

FWIW, I think that was the last April Fool's prank LL will ever pull. A lot of people got inordinately upset by those, and yelled about LL wasting resources with silly TP messages versus "fix the lag" and stuff.

I s'pect they still have a sense of humor (
), but they cant much show it without people being upset. :-/

Aww partypoopers, I thought it was hilarious :D

Excellent link BTW, couldn`t resist adding a comment there lol

Void Singer wrote:

looks like Google decided on
this year.... (the link is buried in the auto complete dropdown)

WOW!! That job is SO ME! I meet every requirement, including the Psychic Certificate thing ... (except I lost my certificate and haven't been able to find it .. hmmm...)

Darrius Gothly wrote:

WOW!! That job is SO ME! I meet every requirement, including the Psychic Certificate thing ... (except I lost my certificate and haven't been able to find it .. hmmm...)

doing better than me then, I thought I had a new job right up until the 15kWPM requirement ( v7 Neural inputs are capped at ~10k)

Peewee Musytari wrote:

hahaha good one!!...I thought Google Motion was their one for this year, they must be doing a few hehe

oh they usually do one for each major service... so one for search, email, etc etc.

WeeWillie Wylie wrote:

considering Emeralds history you would think they wouldn't go playing around with folks program or computer...certainly not remind people that they are in your computer...Guess they haven't learned yet..

::sighs:: some people have no sense of irony...

Marianne McCann wrote:

I s'pect they still have a sense of humor (
), but they cant much show it without people being upset. :-/

I agree completely Mari - I'm not an LL 'fangirl' and I complain plenty, but it always does occur to me that whatever LL does they get hammered by people who just can't see right in whatever they do. I would put RL money on it that if LL had done what Phoenix did they would now be barraged under complaints and talks of RL courts.

LL can never do right - TPVs it seems can do all sorts and be forgiven because they are not 'official' - isn't it a funny old world when how we see things isn't about if it's fun or good - but rather from what source it came.

Just my ponderings for this week - sometimes I find it hard to understand people - even though I am one.

Cheers all - happy weekend. :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.