is this true but the noobs being kicked off

BeSharp206

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my friend is really worried she is gonna get kicked of sl...cuz she had to make a new account cuz she was being hated on so much wit her old one...she sent me this in a im...Due to a recent string of IP(intellectual Property) infringements, Linden Labs today announced they are banning ALL accounts under thirty days, pending an investigation.  this goes into effect immediately, and will last indefinitely. "We're tired of all these noobs coming in, and stealing crap" said Philip Linden in an exclusive interview. "they make new accounts, log in with alts, and steal stuff other peeples made.  we're tired of it." in order to prevent this from happening, all accounts that are banned should file a petition with linden labs, to verify that they are indeed not noobs. please forward this to ALL the people you know.  linden labs will be tracking this, to trace down exactly who is not a bot.....can ya'll let me know if its true and if it is plz tell me wa to do to save her

6 answers to this question

Did this message start with a greeting like this?

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am the widow of the late exalted Joseph Mbutulu, Minister of Foreign Exchange for Nigeria, who died in November 2010, leaving an estate valued at $300,000,000.  My husband's will names you as a beneficiary .........

April Fool's day (which is today, April first) is a custom in many countries where people play tricks and pranks, mostly based on false reports and the like.  For example, someone might circulate a fictitious statement allegedly from LL stating that all new accounts are being banned because "noobs" are "stealing crap".

A good tip is the use of wording.  I seriously doubt that anyone from LL would make an official statement with the words, peeples, noobs, or crap in it.

If you were the one trying to do a good April Fool's hoax, try to do your homework first and find out who would be making policy decisions these days and try to make it a bit more polished. 

If you had, for example, tried to start a rumor that everyone's adult verification was going to be suspended soon once a new age verification system was going to roll out and add some totally annoying, but remotely plausible new requirement (video depositions, notarized statements, notes from your mom.. etc) you might have been onto something.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.