Sl having major problems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since LL in their wisdom make it imposible to report problems though the support page if your on a basic account who on earth do they expect to be informed on big grid wide problems ?

At this momnet in time there are all sorts of probles effecting many people i have spoke to things rezzing very slow, not being able to attach items, tp fails, group notices not working, region messages not working, etc etc

/me nominates Pep for the next one ... errr .. that is whichever incarnation of Pep is able to find a new Alt to log in with. (But he better be prepared to show off those rings!)

@Phoebe - We Basic-level members do take a lot of abuse and suffer a very large deficit in support services, despite the fact that we put a lot of money into SL in many other ways. (Sorry folks, but Basic does NOT equal Freeloader!) However the types of things you briefly mentioned in your OP do sound more like basic technical issues that Support will not be able to properly diagnose for you anyway. They are front-line "triage" type staff that have no in-depth knowledge of the platform or the technology. Their only response to you would be to send you a Copy & Paste section (or just a link) from the Wiki or Knowledge Base.

Other than Lindens involved in the technology of Second Life, the most knowledgeable and helpful community of experts is ... well .. the Resident Community. Post your problems and/or concerns regarding login, TP and other basic performance things in the Answers forum and monitor it for advice from those that routinely haunt those halls. (I strongly suggest you tick the little box that reads "Email me when someone ..." near the upper right.) If you are honestly having a problem that will require intervention by a Linden, those people will generally narrow it down rapidly and then give you some good advice on how to get things fixed via that route.

(Now if we could just figure out a way to get LL to pay people in L$ for providing real answers instead of with those goofy Kudos and Ranks thingies .. it would be IDEAL!)

If LL ran its ship right instead of wasting money left and right, preventing people from having fun and stealing their property (if you sell someone something and say they own it, you cannot take it back from them), they'd have more people willing to pay more money and own more land.  Since LL embarked on its little jihad against anyone involved in anything more risque than you'd see in a Miramax movie, they've crushed the enjoyment and community out of this place. 

Basic or Premium, if the grid is busted, people are going to find other ways to spend their money rather than bother with SL.  It is not in LL's best interest to ignore trouble warnings just because a person is Basic - a busted grid means money walking away and never coming back.  So ignoring customers because they are not Uber Fantastic Best Shower Buddy customers is an excellent way to make people who rent land in SL (where LL gets their money) and turn them all into EXCUSTOMERS.  Because anyone who has a payment info on file is a PAYING CUSTOMER in SL, premium or basic.

And some of us who WERE premium and downgraded in protest of LL's incompetence, could be lured back into paying premium and buying islands again.  But not if LL cannot keep to a contract and won't fix its deepseated problems.  I paid and I paid, and this great experiment just got suckier and suckier.  When LL fixes its attitude problem and corrects the mistakes it has made, they can win my money back.  But if it gets so sucky I just finally give up and walk, as so many have already, then that money is gone for good.  And so is everyone elses.

Don.t feel bad being basic,,,,,,,,being premium does nt buy you anything,i have put 2 tickets in and the first one i closed after 3 weeks as i thought i was getting help from someone inworld,but that did nt pan out.

So have put another ticket in and i don.t expect it to be looked at for months,if at all,as far as i'm concerned might as well spit into the wind than expect any help from SL.

Save your money,unless you want to buy land your the same as basic being premium,,,it buys you absolutely nothing,except for the stipend,not suppport anyway

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

I think that's what the JIRA is for. I'm the first one to complain about the decline of LL's customer service, but I can fully understand that they reserve it for paying customers.

i don't pay to be here and never will, however, i contribute more than the membership fee back in to LL each and every month.

i had a problem a while ago with something i lost whilst rezzing, i was told i could not get help without being a fully paid member of the muggins club.

well LL, its your system at fault, no other business would act in this way.

You ht the nail on the head for me too Dogboat. The paltry selections provided for support options to Basic accounts is .. appalling.

These days when you purchase most consumer electronics (and other such items), you are given the chance to pay an extra premium to obtain an extra period of warranty. However, even if you decline that extra coverage, you are still covered by the basic warranty. Should the device prove to be faulty out of the box, they will still replace it free of charge. It's just basic courtesy to fix their own mistakes. To me, Second Life is very much the same.

Granted, not all Basic level members pay money into the LL coffers, but many many of us do. Once you have Payment Info On File or Payment Method Used status, you have shown that you have put money in and are not just "freeloading". For those of us with Alts that do not have PIOF or PMU, our main does .. and that connection should also entitle us to a full measure of basic SL functional warranty for our Alts too.

Y'know .. since LL (and many others too) keep trying to get people to "Legitimize" themselves by obtaining PIOF or PMU status, and further to link our Main and Alt accounts together, it might be sufficient incentive for folks to undergo that process if they receive full functional support options in exchange. Hmmm .. I feel a new Thread coming on ... LOL

support is a service.... you get what you pay for... don't want to pay for that service... you don't have to. paying for one service or item does not entitle a person to other services or items...

are they making money off of those other transactions? you betcha... and that money goes into making those services sustainable an profitable. they'd either have to be making a ridiculous profit on those services, or be ridiculously stupid to give away another service just because you signed up for a secondary one....

me I have a paid account, and some free ones as well... if I want support I log into the portal with a paid account to get the service I'm paying for, and make it clear I need help with one of my other unpaid accounts.... I've never been turned down yet, although I expect I will at some point in the future. I'll be annoyed (mostly because I can't link my accounts) but certainly not surprised.

The public sandboxes are atrocious right now. Skins aren't loading at all on some avatars, items arent rezzing, editing items is failing 60% or the time.. This is so important to commerce because sandboxes are where people go and try  items they have purchased.  It really is a hair puller.  Profiles not loading at all either  doesn't help one to make friends. What a mess.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.