Sign in to follow this  
Bjarne Halberd

Issues i have with viewer 2.x

Why was fullscreen mode removed?? This makes this game useless with software like for example iZ3D.

Full screen was a feature i often used with old client, so why was it removed?

I really hate how everything has to be dumbed down these days..

hmm, I will have to take a look at some of them. I tried them but never looked for the full screen option since I never use it. Might be in one of the third party viewers though. or you could use one of the third party that are not based on V2. Until they do away them lol. Let me check out some of the viewers later and see if any of them have it. I know the new beta with the basic mode is waay to basic. You can't control anything lol. But the frame rates are extremely high with it. Both in advanced and basic mode.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I had a long break from second life and was surprised to see that feature missing. Didnt even know there was any working third party clients that could connect to official servers.

Gave phoenix a shot on my winxp box, but sadly it did not start at all even though install went fine.

Basically translated to english it gave me this error: C:\programfiler\Phoenix Viewer\PhoenixViewer.exe "This program could not start because programconfiguration is wrong." and then tells me i should try to reinstall it

Yeah. New viewer really has been a huge pain for most of us. I myself have forced myself to use it so that it will not be forced by anyone else later. Anyway third party viewers are also modified from official open source viewer and when there is no more official viewer but this new viewer then maintaining those third party viewers will be more and more complex.

Most annoying has been that the interface is totally changed though it has not been much problem ever. It makes many feel that they are worse than newbies and thats not easy to accept;). I have several times been pissed off when cant for example stop animation. Need to be guru to find new locations of old features in menu. Short-cut woud have helped if there had been such.

Then for example inventory managing has just the same features as it has always had. There is imho a lot to do but nothing done. Cant even search by creator for examle . Its sometimes impossible find old things from inventory if dont remember name. But often you know the creator but..wont much help. Afaik its not possible..maybe its just me.

And now with this new inventory..I cant anymore see inventory "focus" move when I take something back to inventory or receive something. Old feature was that inventory automatically updated view to the folder where item landed. Now need to guess if it went to object, clothing, or where ever its deafult folder is. I only hope this is bug and not a new feature..or dropped feature.