I paid for my Lidens, and they are not showing up on my screen. I used the express not the instant

livingthedream23

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Dream,

If you didn't use the "instant one" the only other purchase method is "Best Rate (Limit) Buy".

If that's the kind of buy order you placed, your L$ will potentially come trickling in as people offer blocks of cash at your limit price. The entire amount of US$ you allocated for purchasing is debited from your external payment source at the time the order is placed, and then debited from your SL US$ balance as trades execute. If you set your expectations too high, the order will never execute.

You can return to the Lindex and cancel your limit buy. The unspent US$ will then be available for either another limit buy (pick a price more likely to execute) or a market buy (which will execute to completion immediately).

• Like 3

If you want your L$ now, you should have bought them at the Market price instead of offering to buy them at a specific price with a Limit Buy order. 

The LindeX is an exchange, like the New York Stock Exchange or any currency exchange in RL.  You are never buying from or selling to Linden Lab or the exchange.  You are always trading with other residents.  If you propose to buy L$ at a specific price, you have to wait until someone is willing to buy at that price.  If your proposed price is too low, you could wait for a very long time.

If you want to reconsider and close your Limit Buy order, open the Lindex >>> Manage >>> Order History link on your dashboard at secondlife.com and look for your Open Orders.  Find the one you don't want any more and select Cancel This Order.  Your money will be transferred to the USD balance in your account.  Then you may submit a new Buy order at the current market price with the Instant Buy option.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.