What are the command line switches / parameters for the viewer install files?

Mur Zimminy
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm not sure about what a console would be able to provide. Granted I am not familiar with using one either. :) As I understand it, it would show what is happening as the EXE triggers events. Would it show the processes that check to see if there is a switch in force on the command line?

I'm sure there HAS to documentation somewhere. I think that if you have the new viewer configured to auto-update, it is just launching the install process using a silent install switch (I saw it flash by in a command window).

I'll keep looking... Maybe I'll ask on twitter too.

Close! These command line parameters are for running the viewer after it is installed. These are very helpful for specifying the experience after logging in. I need the options for installing the viewer in the first place.

Thanks Storm for responding!

Again, my assumption is MS OS.

I'm sure there is a tool in MS that will allow you to have a console window open so you can see what is being executed as you download a viewer to a client machine.  You should be able to 'capture' the switches on the executables - use this data as a basis for your new scripts. 

Archived