ok...possible firewall issue

Mathias Moonites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my previous posts about not being able to connect have givin me hints as to what might be wrong...shouldnt turning off my firewaal,although not highly recommended,help determine if the firewall is what is keeping me off sl.i turned my firewaal off and i still get the same message i got before..

"We're having trouble connecting.There may be a problem with your internet or the secondlife servers.you can either check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes,click help to connect to our support site,or click teleport to teleport home." at the bottom of the message popup it says Ok,Help,Teleport".

i am starting to wonder if my isp is having issues.i dont understand why i cant get into sl but i can watch movies on netflix on my laptop,same laptop i have for sl.i dont never have any problems watching movies,no interruptions at all..so to me its not an isp issue,though i guess i could be wrong.

5 answers to this question

Duplicate post to: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/i-am-having-login-issues-i-keep-getting-the-same-message-4-days/qaq-p/788575

Hi again Mathias,

Please stick to one thread as it just makes it more confusing as people will offer the same suggestions again. You can post again on your own thread by using "Comments".

Did you try the things that were already suggested on your last post? If so what were the results?

Hi Mathias,

As I stated in reply to your forum post, I see this message when I try to access SL from the corporate network or from my laptop when I am running the corporate VPN software.  That's why I asked if this was a home network.  I would not expect this kind of error due to a home router/firewall or a home software firewall.  They are not that sophisticated.  This error occurs very late in the login process and happens when the simulator starts streaming UDP packets.  Those packets are not getting to your viewer.  That's why the viewer message is so vague.  It has received every response from SL up to that point and then no packets from the sim.  So stepping through some of the other suggestions like logging into a different sim is certainly worth trying.  But it is possible that you are, in fact, looking at an ISP problem where they are limiting this type of traffic on their network.

--Cinn

ok..you asked if this was a home network...yes it is,i am on wireless as i am staying with friends.i would say possibly running wireless is my problem,but then i would be wrong since i have been wireless since 2006.i started sl in 07 and have been running it on my laptop ever since.i have tried logging into different locations,several given to me by linden labs when i called the billing service.yes i know they are not tech support but they tried to help.i have tried different viewers,Phoenix,SL Viewer,Imprudence and Emergence.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.