hi. Today I go in game and find that my account has a negative balance

lubhoney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi. Today I go in game and find that my account has a negative balance I go to the website and found a strange account:: 2016-09-04 12:27:50 464734d1 Purpose: restoration of Linden
Linden Adjustment
Description: CSR to move Linden dollars L$1485 I had the money. but now I have -1220. What is it? who took the money? what do I have to pay?

3 answers to this question

That message is from the Linden Lab accounting office, telling you that your account was found to contain L$ that did not belong to you.  They have been removed and returned to the rightful owner.  You may have been given the L$ by someone else without knowing that it was not theirs, or it may have simply been given to you by mistake.   

The only way you can get more information is to ask the Linden Lab billing office yourself.  If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

Local Toll-Free numbers

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE
Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE
Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE
Spain: 90-083-9074
UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

Adding to Rolig's answer:

You can wind up with stolen $L in a couple of ways.  A person could use a stolen credit card to buy $L, and then give some to you.  When the crime is discovered, the stolen $L are taken back out of your account.  If you have spent some in the meantime, you can wind up with a negative balance, and you'll need to pay it back.

Or someone may have made illegal use of YOUR account.  Your password can be compromised if you visit a "phishing" site and log in, thinking that it is a legitimate Second Life web page.  Then a criminal can use your account to try and attract other people to the phishing site and steal THEIR $L.  If you see a number of transactions in your Transaction Log that you don't recall making, this might have happened.  Change your password right away, and follow the instructions here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)

lubhoney wrote:

hi. Today I go in game and find that my account has a negative balance I go to the website and found a strange account:: 2016-09-04 12:27:50 464734d1 Purpose: restoration of Linden

Linden Adjustment

Description: CSR to move Linden dollars L$1485 I had the money. but now I have -1220. What is it? who took the money? what do I have to pay?

Is your account dashboard in another language and did you translate that? The sentence structure and terminology look strange for a Linden Lab communication, and the adjustment took place on a Sunday before an American holiday. You should contact billing as soon as possible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.