my partner has been griefed and keeps getting kicked off sl

bikerdave26

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

No, I'm afraid not.  Everyone here is a SL resident, like you.  Lindens never come here.  We have no special powers for investigating or doing anything about incidents like those you suspect.  The best thing for you to do, if you believe that a griefer is involved, is to submit an Abuse Report with as much supporting information as you have.

Without knowing any more than you wrote, I think I would have reached a different conclusion, however. Getting "kicked off"  SL is hardly uncommon.  It's hard to find anyone who hasn't crashed. The cause is usually an unreliable Internet connection, but it can be hard to be more specific without a lot more information.  Unless there's something specific to link a griefer to your partner's problems, I think it's more likely a connection issue.  Suggest to your partner that she should reboot both her router and her modem, and avoid using a wifi connection. See if that helps.  If not, it's hard to suggest more else without more information.

• Like 2

We need a lot more information to suggest what may be effective for your friends avoidance of griefing.

Rolig is right. Gettig kicked off SL is almost always a technical issue with connecton issues being the leading cause.

GRiefers can't really kick you off grid. They tend to crash your viewer. If your friend recently set her ACI to UNLIMITED, change to to 350k. That will add video crasher protection.

You can also read the viewer's log to see why the viewer shut down or logged off.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.