Seeking some advice about drawing tablets from fellow photographers

KrystalKandy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am giving some thought to purchasing a Graphics Drawing Pen & Tablet to edit my photos with. I have never used one before and would really appreciate some input and advice on some good products as well as opinions on tablets vs a mouse, before I run off spending the money on a set. Thanks in advance! :matte-motes-nerdy:

Wacom all the way. Their Low/Mid range models work fantastically and are const effective. I use an Intuos Tablet myself, I love the pressure sensitivity, and you can turn it into a massive trackpad for finger use if that's your thing. Anything more expensive probably has more bells and whistles than you would need! 

Intous Wacom hands down.  It's the one I use and have been very happy with it.  Get the largest one you can afford . Mine came with a free copy of Painter Essentials. There are other bundles available that come with other software.  So consider carefully which bundle is best for you.  Go to the Wacom site to see the different bundles.

Also shop around.  Check prices in a number of places.  I got good deal on mine that was less than the suggested retail price by doing so.

I have small Wacom Intuos, before that I had some Bamboo but the pen broke... Now, I don't know what you do with the photos when editing but if you are painting over the avatar in any way, even if its just adding some highlights or shadows, tablet beats the mouse in every way. And if you ever want to draw hair or fur, you really really need a tablet! 

It doesn't have to be expensive one (all we really need is that pressure sensitivity that all pens have) and maybe you can find some cheap used tablets (many artists buy small ones and switch to the bigger, more fancy tablets after a while).

There will be a day or few days of getting used to the pen but you will never want to go back to the mouse :) 

I agree with everyone else. I've had my Wacom Intuos for two years and it still works phenomenally... I did have a couple of little software issues where my system keeps "losing" the drivers... so i have to reset them from time to time, but it's a simple work around and totally worth it for the quality of the wacom! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.