Drivers for windows 10

Ladyhawk Vollmar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have not been able to log on since i up graded to windows 10.  i have tried to download new drivers for my graphic card all to know avail not. being that tecnically minded can someone give me any advice i have tried to upload new viewsws from SL but nothi8ng it is over 6 months since I was able to log on and miss Ladyhawk Vollmer very much

4 answers to this question

it would have been usefull when you had added your specs to the post, now it's still guessing what might the reason.

You can still do that, copy paste the info in the post by editing it.

A really bad thing would be if you see this:

If you have the intel hd 2000/3000 onboard graphics i'm affraid there's no support anymore, even since W8.

And because it's over 6 months you also can not revert to your previous OS anymore, that's only working for one month.

You need a official OS W8 or  W7 DVD with code to be able to go back now and get SL to work again.

Or a new machine..

• Like 3

We need to know what the graphics card is.   

Please Right Click on the Windows symbol at the end of your task bar (the one that brings up the Apps menu and stuff when you Left Click it, but here you want to Right Click it) and Left Click on Device Manager.   

In the Device Manger window that appears, expand the Display adapters item by left clicking on the arrow next to it.

Edit your post to tell us what appears under "Display adapters".

In the viewer, before login, you can click HELP->ABOUT... to collection your computer specs. Or if the viewer is not running get CPU-Z and GPU-Z, both free, and they'll show yu what yuor computer has.

Without specs we are guessing at what you need to do. Odds are AGAINST us guessing correctly. So, no one is going to put a lot of effort into explaining what to do.

You can try this Intel® Driver Update Utility to see if it will help.

If you are on AMD try Driver Auto Detect Utility.

Or try these drivers, they may get you going: http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/2519-intel-hd-graphics-2000-3000-a.html

If you have an older CPU with the older GPU built-in, you are going to have to get a Win 8 driver and talk Win 10 into installing it. There are instructions for doing that. Find them via Google.

• Like 1

I will try to help you, but without your pc specs what I am going to share may, or may not work. I have read where many when *upgrading* to W/10 either do not know their previous graphics card driver may not work, OR they forget to remove the old driver along with any graphics files off their Drive C (ex. file named Nvidia or AMD) & or forget to re-boot Windows afterwards & before installing the W/10 graphics driver, or forgetting to re-boot pc after installing W/10 driver. Also, some forget to turn off their antivirus protection right before *installing the W/10 driver too, which in some cases causes issues. Nvidia drivers you select "custom" install & select "clean install" assuming you had an older Nvidia driver before your W/10 upgrade. There is a lot to remember even I screw up @ times. Older post, BUT common mistakes.

"I Love Simplicity"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.