Login failed; Your account is not accessible until (date/time)

Nellbekim Twine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

At this point, why not just wait until tomorrow evening?   I know that's a nuisance, but I'd be surprised if any Linden is going to be looking at your support case until Monday anyway, and you'll be unsuspended by then. As punishments go, that's a fairly moderate time-out.  When it's all over, I recommend not bothering to go back to that spot.

• Like 1

That message shows up fairly often and at least sometimes has nothing to do with banning. I get it now and then and then I try logging in again maybe two minutes later and all is fine.  I suggest going with the "log into another sim" idea which would certainly be my next step could I not get in.

Log in some place that is usually working like "Smith" or "Plum" (both easy to remember and type in). 

Note that the message USED to show up very very often, not so much these days. 

Try logging into a different simulator. You can do that by typing a region name into the box next to your username and password.

If that doesn't work there may be connections issues between your computer and the SL servers, read this page...

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

• Like 2

so other than a help ticket how can i dispute being suspended i have been being harassed by a woman and her so called friends whom i think are actually her alts every since yesterday when one of them called a friend of mine some pretty harsh things and when i went there to ask about it i was met with hostility slurs and greifing i reported them both and included the chatlogs in the report i was even greifed out of the region by animated prims and then followed to an entirely different sim by one of these persons where she continued calling both me and my friend many different things which i did not see cause i had her blocked but i could see her typing and asked my friend what she said after all of this and trying to do the right thing by standing up for my friend and reporting them and yet somehow im the one who winds up being suspended till tomorrow O.o

Login error.png

Edited by AtheriesDaystar

I've never heard of a ban for a day.  It is possible the message is unrelated to your events inworld with other folks.  Did you crash or otherwise not exit your last login gracefully?  This is the type of message I get if I crash and then try to get back in too quick -- before the system has finished cleaning up from my crash.  Wait a few minutes and try again - though I would advise not logging in to your last location if it wasn't Home.

well mainly because I met Mars bracken today who personally invited me to a BL event which I was really looking forward to and is happening as we speak I'm not really pissed off just this particular nuance doesn't seem very fair to me when all Linden Labs would need to do to see I'm telling the truth is check maybe all of 10 minutes of chat logs probably not even 10 minutes probably less as I said I'm not really mad or trying to be snide I'm just a bit annoyed that I got punished for doing the right thing I mean sure I'll wait but I don't see why I was suspended in the first place unless the other party filed false claims against me which I suppose is a possibility but thanks for speaking to me about it i know your probably busy just helps to talk sometimes

32 minutes ago, AtheriesDaystar said:

so other than a help ticket how can i dispute being suspended i have been being harassed by a woman and her so called friends whom i think are actually her alts every since yesterday when one of them called a friend of mine some pretty harsh things and when i went there to ask about it i was met with hostility slurs and greifing i reported them both and included the chatlogs in the report i was even greifed out of the region by animated prims and then followed to an entirely different sim by one of these persons where she continued calling both me and my friend many different things which i did not see cause i had her blocked but i could see her typing and asked my friend what she said after all of this and trying to do the right thing by standing up for my friend and reporting them and yet somehow im the one who winds up being suspended till tomorrow O.o

Login error.png

My guess would be that Linden Lab has suspended a few people here to let you ALL cool down! 

Some bans last only an hour, some a day, some are forever. Yours is just for one day - whether it was right or wrong, that has to be Linden Lab's decision as its their garden that we're all playing in. 

As Rolig says, when you are allowed back in, find somewhere else to go. And move on from this.

20 minutes ago, AtheriesDaystar said:

[ .... ] I'm just a bit annoyed that I got punished for doing the right thing I mean sure I'll wait but I don't see why I was suspended in the first place unless the other party filed false claims against me which I suppose is a possibility but thanks for speaking to me about it i know your probably busy just helps to talk sometimes.

Yeah, it's annoying.  As I said, though, it's a pretty mild slap on the wrist, not a ban.  Linden Lab will do that sometimes to give people time to cool off while they decide if further action is necessary.  I cannot integrate myself successfully into the Linden mind, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the conversation in the office was something like: "It's late on a Friday. Let's just call time out on this one and go home. It will all blow over by the time we investigate anyway."  ;)

• Like 1

Probably right thanks all, you have helped me to fell a bit better about the situation I'm not sure but I don't really think I have done anything worth banning so all should be fine I did share some of the words that one of the offenders used in nearby chat on my profile but only what was said in public nothing that was in privet chat and I  only listed a few of the individual words and slurs they threw around out of context but I plan to delete that as soon as possible to avoid any further drama not really looking to stir up trouble I just realized how low they were willing to stoop when I was followed to an entirely different sim by one of them who continued to Barrage me and my friend with insults there and wanted my friends to know what sort of people they were before they were able to spread any lies and compromise my friendships basically call me what you will my friends are all that matters to me

4 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Agreed, the first thing I associate with that message is a "ghosted avatar" - that means that you probably crashed or the last region you were connected to failed to log you out properly. I might have missed any hints about such crashes in the mini-walls of text...

Anyway, try logging in on an alt account or get in touch with any other inworld friend and check if your main account appears as online. Fairly good chance for a positive response.

"Pinging" that inworld ghost with a simple IM or repeatedly attempting to log in might eventually trigger the logout process.

If that doesn't help: create a basic support ticket, simply stating that your avatar is ghosted inworld.

I can remember a lot of ghosting in the olden days :D.  The support person would "pluck" me out and I would be OK LOL.   And others could see you (and walk through you) LONG after you thought you logged out.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Agreed, the first thing I associate with that message is a "ghosted avatar" - that means that you probably crashed or the last region you were connected to failed to log you out properly. I might have missed any hints about such crashes in the mini-walls of text...

Anyway, try logging in on an alt account or get in touch with any other inworld friend and check if your main account appears as online. Fairly good chance for a positive response.

"Pinging" that inworld ghost with a simple IM or repeatedly attempting to log in might eventually trigger the logout process.

If that doesn't help: create a basic support ticket, simply stating that your avatar is ghosted inworld.

it's very rarely that avatars get ghosted these days, perhaps it was 5 yrs ago, but not now.

It's only a log off process taking a bit longer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wait a little or login at another location 99.9% of the times solve it.

Only when it takes longer as the time announced in the message it's worth contacting support.

and it has nothing to do with a ban... it's just a system message... all other thoughts that came up are not related.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

That message shows up fairly often and at least sometimes has nothing to do with banning.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.