Can't log in - help

Hilary Querrien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

People are logging in and I got in... so its not an SL login problem.

You've made 8 posts so you are probably fairly new... It may simply be the region you are logging into that is the problem. Go to the Destination Guide and pick a place you haven't been. Try a couple. If that fails, the problem is almost always a connection issue. So, step through http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You may have a good Internet connection. But that is not the same thing as having a good connection the SL servers. Test the connection to SL. See if there is a problem along the route.

If the connection looks good, create an alternate avatar and see if it can log in. If it can, the problem is in your avatar's account. If it can't the problem is likely in your computer. Dig into the SecondLife.log and see if you get any hints.

C:\Users\[Win_Login_ID]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs\

PS: If it is an account issue contact support.

Hilary, I know you have a really big inventory on that account,  I suspect that may be causing you the login problem.

LL support can fix this by deflattening your inventory but as a workaround for now, if a flat inventory is causing the problem, you can work around it by cleaning the viewer cache before each login.

When you have a very large and flat inventory & your inventory is fully cached, creating inventory views can take so long during login that the login will time out. Creating inventory views is instant when inventory cache is empty.

Give it a try & see if it helps until the underlying problem gets fixed.

I'm not sure but I think this bit in the log file might be relevant:

2016-09-03T07:02:36Z WARNING:#AppInit init_start_screen: Bitmap load failed
2016-09-03T07:02:36Z INFO:#AppInit LLStartUp::setStartupState: Startup state changing from STATE_LOGIN_CLEANUP to STATE_LOGIN_AUTH_INIT
2016-09-03T07:02:37Z INFO:#LLCoros LLCoros::generateDistinctName: LLCoros: launching coroutine LLLogin::Impl::login_
2016-09-03T07:02:37Z INFO:#LLXMLRPCListener Poller::Poller: login_to_simulator request sent to https://login.agni.lindenlab.com/cgi-bin/login.cgi
2016-09-03T07:02:37Z INFO:#AppInit LLStartUp::setStartupState: Startup state changing from STATE_LOGIN_AUTH_INIT to STATE_LOGIN_CURL_UNSTUCK
2016-09-03T07:02:37Z INFO:#AppInit LLStartUp::setStartupState: Startup state changing from STATE_LOGIN_CURL_UNSTUCK to STATE_LOGIN_PROCESS_RESPONSE
2016-09-03T07:02:38Z INFO:#LLProcess LLProcess::handle_status: SLPlugin.exe (24816) killed with exception c0000005
2016-09-03T07:02:38Z WARNING:#APR ll_apr_warn_status: APR: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
2016-09-03T07:02:38Z WARNING:#APR ll_apr_warn_status: APR: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

it's right at the end of the log file when it gets into that state.

*sulk* it'd be nice if the view said something had gone wrong rather than sitting there like a lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.