Can my avatar stay in-world when I'm logged out of SL?

rogrossm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just use your imagination.

If you think your avatar is asleep in his or her bed, then who's to say it's not? Tell your friends your avatar can sleep through anything. :matte-motes-smile:

A statis pod could cover any demands to actually see you in your bed.

When I was noob, I had to tuck my av in bed every night when I logged off. Don't know why but it was some how important. It was sort of disconcerting to find her standing on the bed the next day. I wanted her to be beside it, or in it or something but I grew fond of her youthful enthusiasm to get going in her strange new world. :matte-motes-smile:

Your av can do anything you want while you're away as long as all involved agree to imagine it happened.

they do stuff when we log out. Avatars do

i  have nearly caught mine a few times. But she is ever sooo sneaky. Like when I log in I notice things. and I know she has been up to mischief. With her sekrit friends that I dont know anything about. Am pretty sure they are leading her astray. Those so called friends of hers. They are sooo devious and waaaayy sneaky as well

like sometimes her hair a little bit dishevelled, and some other times she only got one shoe on. And like one time she was like total nekkid even. And she just stand there looking all innocent and no melty butter either

somebody once try me that was all like servers or something. but I know is her, she is just mischief and trubbl ! I am going to catch her proper one day and then I am going to ground her like forever. and ever and evah even !!!

(: 

Kelli, thank you for bringing Stanley Unwin to me.

Lithium can't seem to link this video, but it's worth a listen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RRv35Ig2mg

Imagine Stanley and Archie Campbell sitting around a campfire...

I have always loved nonsense speak/double talk, weather in the form of Unwin's, Campbell's, or Bud Haggart's irresistible (to me) technical explanation...

Nothing tickles my funny bone more than the deadpan delivery of absolute nonsense, which is making this the best US presidential election I've ever witnessed.

The Cinerella one was fantastic - had me LOLing. I remember the spoken record with the Prandsome Hince in it from way back - probably the same guy, and the same story. Spoken records weren't uncommon back then.

The Turbo Encabulator was very good, but it could easily be misunderstood as being serious stuff - and bore people :)

Stanley Unwin was popular for a few years just a tweak before the time of the Prandsome Hince, and a tweak after whistlers were mainstream entertainment.

Man, am I old!

Kelli May wrote:

If you like that sort of thing, this will probably appeal, too.

Love it!

Dad would sometimes imitate Irwin Corey, usually right after waking in the morning, when his white hair was at peak Irwin. Like Richard Feynman, Corey had trouble with the "why" questions that would send my father off on a rant.

Here's Feynman's take on "why"...

And Corey's...

Corey is 52 years old in that 1966 sketch. He's still with us and I'm proud to carry on the McMaster's family tradition of channeling him...

If anyone knows of an SL hairstyle that more closely approximates peak Irwin, let me know!

I loved this question!

I'm surprised by how many "no" answers it got!

Of course your avatar stays inworld when you are logged out. It is a proven, scientific FACT. How else can one explain the numerous times I've logged in only to find my avatar at some sim **I** don't remember? Or when I decide to log in from a SL map to check out a new destination only to find out when I do so that my avatar is completely naked?! There's no other explanation than shenanigans! And the shopping! Things in my inventory I have no idea how they got there!

If our avatars aren't sleeping when we are gone then why are there so many BEDS inworld? Hm? Yeah. See? Logic!

Seicher Rae wrote:

I loved this question!

I'm surprised by how many "no" answers it got!

Of course your avatar stays inworld when you are logged out. It is a proven, scientific FACT. How else can one explain the numerous times I've logged in only to find my avatar at some sim **I** don't remember? Or when I decide to log in from a SL map to check out a new destination only to find out when I do so that my avatar is completely naked?! There's no other explanation than shenanigans! And the shopping! Things in my inventory I have no idea how they got there!

If our avatars aren't sleeping when we are gone then why are there so many BEDS inworld? Hm? Yeah. See? Logic!

I've quite enjoyed the things your avatar does when you're logged out.

I hope mine has returned the favor when you're logged in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.