Freebies.... Wouldn't it be nice?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's lots of good free stuff in the Marketplace. Search for what you want, and sort/filter by price. To cut down on the amount of demos returned, add "NOT Demo NOT DEMO NOT demo" (yes, all those) to your search phrase. And as Cassie already mentioned, the FabFree blog is a good daily feed of quality freebies/cheapies. I visit it every day and hoover up all the reasonable-looking stuff I find, though often end up throwing out most of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I started a new avi - wanted to see what the introductory experience is like these days.  Anyway, I ended up at a Freebie place (from the orientation stuff) and at least half of the female clothing was the same stuff that I got as freebies when I started in 2007.

Ah yes!

"World-O-Crap Discount Freebie Warehouse - Home of the All you Can Burn Worst of 2007 Female Clothing Pack - ONLY 1 L$!"

Personally I'd say you are better off joining an inworld group called "SL Free & Offers", pop to their inworld HQ, pick up the notecards listing stores that have group gifts, wearable demos, etc.

They have a main list, a Hair list, even a Guys list, and no, that's not a list of where to find free guys... ;) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CheriColette said:

@Klytyna Did you see this post that Carson made today.....at McDonalds!!!

Seriously people the Fab Free blog is a good one to follow for the stories, even if you dont want the clothes.

Hahaha! No I hadn't seen that, not logged in world just yet, just browsing the threads while I wait for Igorina to knock on the coffin lid and tell me the curtains are pulled and it's safe to come out and inhale coffee and medicinal bacon...

Ah..interesting how you think. I volunteer at the Firestorm Gateway as a helper. Our focus is to get new residents acclimated to SL. While we have a store with a few free things, we mostly send new people to Free Dove (if they go anywhere else they come back with blingy shoes..sigh).  A lot of new residents find it difficult to change clothes - learning the concept of adding vs. wearing mesh clothing can be a chore. We encourage them to find stores with free groups to join if they want to test out skins/shapes. Very seldom do we point them to the marketplace because if they don't pay attention, they end up with just a Demo. For their first 2 weeks in SL, we encourage them to do nothing drastic to their avatar. Mesh? No way..it's too complicated for most new people. (There are a lot of places that won't allow new people in until their 15 days old). So they hang out and learn a little bit at a time. Some new residents come from other games and wonder about 'levels' and such. A lot are coming in from IMVU recently. SL new avatars (the classic especially) are very nice. With just a little change in clothing, they can use that look for a bit. Lately, it costs to get a prize for a hunt so new residents are left out of those which would be nice if they could get free clothing that way (also helps them hone their camera skills). So next time you see someone who looks new..ask...May I help you with something? 

• Like 5

• 2 years later...
On 8/31/2016 at 3:13 PM, Martine1988 said:

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a thread about freebies, or how to get them. Only real freebies, not joining a group for Lindens, or what to type on the the  MarketPlace to find them. I can't seem to find anything about it, maybe this is a good idea for new people who want to wait before they spend money on SL? Or never want to spend anyway 🙂 Please let me hear what you think.

You honestly do not want to know what I think..

1 hour ago, Alazarin Mondrian said:

I put almost everything I built [except for the big treehouses] into my freebie box. It's all a bit old and primmy but you can find it here: Mystery Super Freebies Collection

Aww, I love that one!

Yes it's old and primmy but it's fun. I think I must a whole day just enjoying the playfulness of those builds when I first came across them. ^_^

Once upon a time Second Life was full of creativity - it's not that logn ago either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.