So, what now that I have received no support?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Two people that I converse with occasionally sent me some money once. One was $1050 and the other was $1.

Ever since that (two months ago), whenever I chat with them, the log is filled with the standard messages saying that, since the last time we spoke, they have sent that same money again. There has been no further transaction and, despite the message, I don't receive the money.

I contacted support who, for some reason, told me to raise an abuse report, which I did.

Two months on and it is still occurring and I have had no response.

Well I use Firestorm.
In trying SL viewer and Alchemy there is no IM history so, no, I don't see those messages (perhaps I will, once they communicate with me again). However, I want my IM history (I lost my places visited history a little while back and it screwed up my SL experience). If I have to reinstall Firestorm, the same thing may happen i.e. lose my IM history. I would rather live with it, as it only applies to two friends that I only see occasionally but thanks for your response.

Sounds like a scripted object that is misbehaving. Sending an offline IM over and over.

A viewer reinstall will not fix that.

Do you recall where/how they paid you the first time? Was it a tip jar, a donation box, a vendor? That will be the object at fault. You will need to delete it from world and find a better one, or if it's not yours mute that object.

Do you know that you can log your Chat and IM's to your computers hard drive.  Go to PREFERENCES>NETWORK & FILES then specify where you want them saved under Conversation Logs and Transcript Location

Further options are available under the PRIVACY>LOGS AND TRANSCRIPTS.

You will only lose these transcripts if you delete/ clear them from your hard drive.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.