computer scripts added to gatcha object

SedonaOnidene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

The panel that you are showing in your screen shot is a standard LSL reset progress window, telling you that scripts are being reset in the objects that you have currently selected with your editor.  Those are not on your own computer.  They are LSL scripts in the objects themselves, and they run on the Linden Lab servers, not in your machine.

• Like 1

What are these scripts doing in a sofa? Why were they put there? How do I know that my machine is safe when the scripts are scripts that are used for control of a computer. I am linked to SL through my IP address which there is a script for that included. I ran the reset because no scripts were showing for the item and their should have been to at least to sit. I went and checked everything I had down in my Sim and found one other item with these scripts in it. I have never seen these before and both items were from resellers.. I don't trust them and need to know who and why they were placed in these items. I need a better explanation for this.  *not as dumb as I look either*

The scripts are not scripts that are used for control of a computer. The reset system will only work on LSL scripts, and LSL scripts never reside on the user's computer. For network security reasons, they remain in the SL servers, where they are executed. Why are they in the sofa? The best guess is that they are parts of the scripted system that controls sit options in that sofa. That's a very common addition to furniture. Some of the more commonly used systems, like AvSitter, use a suite of scripts that the creator buries in the furniture, often in a child prim where the end user can't tamper with them. If they truly worry you, I'd suggest simply deleting the furniture and using something else.

That sounds logical. I have checked every scripted item I have and the only two I found with these scripts are from a reseller. I can't see how having a script for a CPU, IP address, RAM, HD, ect. would have any bearing on a simple sit script. I need to find an answer to that question. Given the level of security problems in SL, it is best to be overcautious instead of complacent.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.