GONE

Kailestis Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I am wanting to sell my private region, and I have a buyer. I have a couple of questions

• She wants to do the transaction in Lindens instead of USD. We noted this in the tickets. Is this alright, or does it need to be in USD?
  • Will LL take the transaction fee out of the purchase or will ithey take it from my account and THEN pay me the purchase price?

Enix Davi wrote:

So I am wanting to sell my private region, and I have a buyer. I have a couple of questions

• She wants to do the transaction in Lindens instead of USD. We noted this in the tickets. Is this alright, or does it need to be in USD?

IMO, this is not the best arrangement.  She can sell her $L's and put the money in her US Dollar account so that you are paid in RL money.   That way she will incur the fee's charged for selling $L's not you.  There is no reason for you to have to pay those fees for her convenience paying in $L.  Also , if the price of $L's to the US dollar rises, you will take the loss. There are other buyers that will pay RL cash.

If you are willing to take the loss if the exchange rate isn't favorable, I would agree to selling in $L's ONLY if she added the selling fees to the agreed price and ONLY if LL will take the purchase price out of her $L account.  Contact LL to see if they will do this before submitting a transfer ticket.  If not and she has to pay you separately and you are agreeable, be sure that she pays you BEFORE the transfer to prevent her from ending up with your sim and you ending up with nothing.  LL will not enforce an agreement to pay outside of the usual way of them transferring the money.   

• Will LL take the transaction fee out of the purchase or will they take it from my account and THEN pay me the purchase price?

The seller is charged the transfer fee.  If she agreed to pay it, then add the fee to the amount she owes you.  I'm pretty sure they will take the fee from her if instructed to do so, but it's been a few years since I bought or sold a sim and can't remember how that goes.  You can ask when you ask if they will take the $L's out of her account.

Whatever you decide, be sure that the agreement as to price, payment method if she is paying in $L and LL will take it from her account, fee payment etc is on the ticket you submit.  Then she should submit a ticket referencing your ticket number with the same wording.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.