Sign in to follow this  
Loydin Tripp

There seems to be a number of broken links to the former Blogs

I was not sure where to place this message, settled on Technology but there is no Category that really fits.

There a number of references in the former forums to the former blogs but when I click on them I am simply taken to the first page of the current blogs and not the original article. Some examples...

Second Life Forums Archive - WEHT: Ragdoll Animations/Animation Overriding via Preferences?  At the bottom in the 3rd post...

http://blog.secondlife.com/2006/07/13/notes-from-second-life-views-part-i/

Second Life Forums Archive - Linden Lab Introduces Expressive Puppeteering to Second Life 3rd post from the top...

http://blog.secondlife.com/2006/07/13/notes-from-second-life-views-part-i/#more-288

I found some others but this will serve to show the issue.

Thanks.

Hi, yes the redirect situation is pretty dire for all the old blog posts, and forum posts from 2010. There is one small thing that mitigates. Search on titles works pretty well on this sytem, and the old blog URLs had titles in them. If you set the Search form here to "All", then use that URL title, you can have pretty good luck.

Here is a saved search for "second life views part i" and it did find the series from 2006. This is the puppeteering article. There are "permalinks" on these archived blog articles too, time will tell how "perma" they are.

--||-

please note that any links to the last years scripting library are likely to be worthless.... apparently when they were re-parsed, anything between []'s was wiped out (along with the brackets), rendering most of those scripts broken and useless if they dared to use a list (which most did)