Sign in to follow this  
sweetie40

where is the linden i payed for

Question

that order will never ever in this life going to fill...5000L for ONE dollar... think you really dont understand what the market value is.

current value is around 268/269 .. wanting 5000 is a real wish of course...but totally off the scale.

scroll a bit down on the page and have a look at the top of that buying list... that's the current value... around 1 or 2 linden difference could fill within a reasonable time, around two weeks perhaps... but thats about it.

Go to the "manage"button , next to the "buy" button, click order history and CANCEL it. your money will be put on your USD balance for future buy or fees.

Re enter a reasonable buy offer or do a market buy.

That will fill instantly

• Like 3

5 answers to this question

that order will never ever in this life going to fill...5000L for ONE dollar... think you really dont understand what the market value is.

current value is around 268/269 .. wanting 5000 is a real wish of course...but totally off the scale.

scroll a bit down on the page and have a look at the top of that buying list... that's the current value... around 1 or 2 linden difference could fill within a reasonable time, around two weeks perhaps... but thats about it.

Go to the "manage"button , next to the "buy" button, click order history and CANCEL it. your money will be put on your USD balance for future buy or fees.

Re enter a reasonable buy offer or do a market buy.

That will fill instantly

• Like 3

That's because you placed a LimitBuy and, if I interpret your note correctly, you are offering to buy L$13000 at the rate of L$5000/$1 USD.  Nobody in his right mind is ever going to agree to sell you L$ at that low rate, so your order will be unfilled until the end of time.

The LindeX is not a shop.  It is a currency exchange.  When you enter a transaction, you are offering to buy (or sell) to other residents.  If you want to have an immediate purchase (or sale), you agree to accept whatever the current Market Price is.  Otherwise, if you place a Limit Buy, you are floating a proposal.  In your case, you are looking for someone willing to sell you L$13000 at the specific price you asked for.  As the note on the BUY L$ page says:

"Specify the amount of L$ AND minimum exchange rate you will accept. The LindeX exchange will match your order at the specified rate or better. It will take time to fill your order."

When there's a match to a seller, your order will be executed.  Until then, you wait.  In your case, you wait forever, or until you cancel your order and use the Instant Buy option instead.

Please read https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-and-selling-Linden-dollars/ta-p/700107 carefully.

• Like 4

In defense of Sweetie and the great many others who've come to Answers in recent weeks about unfilled L$ orders, the LindeX buy page doesn't do enough to inform residents how the system actually works. Across all the brokerages I've used over the years, not a single one of them has ever called a limit buy a "Best Rate Buy". And they didn't do that because it's nonsense.

Here's the verbiage from the L$ Buy page, under "Best Rate Buy".

"Specify the amount of L$ AND minimum exchange rate you will accept. The LindeX exchange will match your order at the specified rate or better. It will take time to fill your order."

Those of us who have experience purchasing equities at market or limit know the unstated realities of such things. Most people do not. So, they're reading Best Rate Buy as a method that will succeed in giving them the best rate, or better! And it will take some time, but there really isn't room for a noob to interpret their claim as potentially failing because the "time" may be infinite. The exchange WILL match their order!

I've opened a JIRA...

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-37732

• Like 2

I sort of agree. Sort of. After all, the page does say "Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy)" and it does clearly say that "It will take time to fill your order." You do have to be a bit naive/careless/inattentive to not know what you are doing. On the other hand, (and this is why I do sort of agree) there are plenty of naive/careless/inattentive people out there. And there are plenty of non-native speakers of English. When we're talking about real money and good will, it's smart to anticipate ways in which all of those people might screw up. The words "Best Rate Buy" were poorly chosen. Why in heavens name would anyone NOT want the best rate, if she could get it?

Added thought:  It also pains me to recognize that there are many people with rotten math skills, people who have a shaky understanding of what a "rate" is or even what a ratio is.  Instead of simply presenting a box that has an "Exchange Rate in L$ / US$1.00" above it, those math-challenged people might find it more helpful if they saw, "Suggested Exchange Rate in L$ / US$1.00 . See the table of current Market Data below." 

I don't know the proportions of naivety/carelessness/inattentiveness, but it's still good business to plan for it. I think we never needed brake lights on horses because they are more careful and attentive than we are. Once in cars, we need brake lights.