Jump to content

What are the secret (dirty) words?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I attempted to post an event today for my amusement park on a moderate sim. I didn't put anything adult in the description, but the autoresponse was that I had indeed violated community standards somehow. 

Great. Which word or phrase red-flagged? What? No one to tell me? 

How the heck am I supposed to fix the listing, if I have no idea what the offensive word or phrase is?

Below is my list of "I'm guessing it's this" words and phrases. If you know which one is the culprit, please reply.

  • Balloons
  • Eat
  • Strudel
  • Eat a Strudel
  • Sweet
  • Savory
  • Salty
  • Jiffy Popper
  • Pizza Toss
  • Krispie
  • Soylent
  • Wacky
  • Doodle
  • VooDoo
  • Poodle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Popper wasn't the word.

This is such bullship. No wonder no one posts events. Someone just please give me the list of the 7,096 words that aren't usable and I will comply. I'm not going to spend an afternoon guessing what displeases the censors.  But here's the funniest part: I can copy and paste the listing here and it's now online. WTF?

Another themed section of Rocky Waters AmuseBent Park is now open: “Eat a Strudel Land!”

It’s Sweet. And Savory. And Salty, too!

Fly and whirl aboard the fantastic food-featured attractions:

  • The Jiffy Popcorn Ride
  • Lettuce Fly
  • Pizza Toss
  • The Krispie SCREAM Factory Tour
  • And more!

FREE ADMISSION. Balloons for the kiddies. Soylent Green for the crazies.

After you fill up on Eat a Strudel, explore the other lands, too: “Wacky Doodle and “The VooDoo Poodle!”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not convinced there is an actual algorithm involved at all, to be honest.

I think it's the same list that triggers adult things on MP. And if that's the case, it's simply a list of arbitrary and obscure words(along with those that actually *are* adult, in some cases) that changes at random whenever the hell it wants.

I can tell you I have had numbers, my own name, and a bunch of other words nowhere near adult or even moderate, all trigger the slap happy "dirty no no" flag. It's really annoying, or, it was at first, now I just accept it becuase it's happened for so damn long and LL has already shown that they care not to fix this. Maybe they don't even know how, or they let the hamsters type the words intot he "dirty no no" list, I'm not sure. But I have a guinea pig that could do a MUCH better job...if ever they decide to hire again.

Don't try to make sense of it, you'll just frustrate and confuse yourself. L won't listen, they don't really care to on this matter. It's one of those things that has gone on for years and no matte rhow much we protest or show them we don't like it..it just continues. Sometimes words get taken off the list, or at least don't trigger the flag, which just makes all of this even more nonsensical...but in a bad way. Hence whY i believe there is no algorithm and it is merely someone typing in and deleting words now and then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Tari Landar wrote:

I just accept it becuase it's happened for so damn long and LL has already shown that they care not to fix this.
Maybe they don't even know how,
or they let the hamsters type the words intot he "dirty no no" list, I'm not sure. But I have a guinea pig that could do a MUCH better job...if ever they decide to hire again.

As with a good bit of the rest of SL, I think there's been so much institutional knowledge lost over the years that the part of your theory I've highlighted seems most reasonable to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Rocky Rutabaga wrote:

Popper wasn't the word.

This is such bullship. No wonder no one posts events. Someone just please give me the list of the 7,096 words that aren't usable and I will comply. I'm not going to spend an afternoon guessing what displeases the censors.  But here's the funniest part: I can copy and paste the listing here and it's now online. WTF?

Another themed section of Rocky Waters AmuseBent Park is now open: “
Eat a Strudel Land!”

It’s Sweet. And Savory. And Salty, too!

Fly and whirl aboard the fantastic food-featured attractions:
  • The Jiffy Popcorn Ride
  • Lettuce Fly
  • Pizza Toss
  • The Krispie SCREAM Factory Tour
  • And more!

FREE ADMISSION.
Balloons for the kiddies. Soylent Green for the crazies.

After you fill up on
Eat a Strudel
, explore the other lands, too: “
Wacky Doodle
and “
The VooDoo Poodle
!”

My guess is it's all the innuendo:

Balloons are breasts, Eating a Strudel is cunnilingus and Wacky Doodle is wanking. The Jiffy Popcorn ride is a popcorn surprise,

I however have no idea what the Voodoo Poodle is.

It would be great if LL revealed the secret list. Or at least did what we see in the Forum, the offending words get **bleep**ed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Rocky Rutabaga wrote:

I attempted to post an event today for my amusement park on a moderate sim. I didn't put anything adult in the description, but the autoresponse was that I had indeed violated community standards somehow. 

Great. Which word or phrase red-flagged? What? No one to tell me? 

How the heck am I supposed to fix the listing, if I have no idea what the offensive word or phrase is?

Below is my list of "I'm guessing it's this" words and phrases. If you know which one is the culprit, please reply.
  • Balloons
  • Eat
  • Strudel
  • Eat a Strudel
  • Sweet
  • Savory
  • Salty
  • Jiffy Popper
  • Pizza Toss
  • Krispie
  • Soylent
  • Wacky
  • Doodle
  • VooDoo
  • Poodle

Really? I for one would like to see the description that contained all those words. Why not just post it in its entirety?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...