Delay in changing clothes, skins or attachments or de-attaching?

AkilinaKaterina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I have had it happen as of late, and I can only attribute it to a few things.

1. Lag on the simulator you may be on

2. Graphics lag on your video card as it tries to render the change.

3. Lag or slowdowns between your viewer and the server.

4. Second Life just being generally "Grumpy"

It seems to involve mesh more often than not, but as far as an exact cause, I cannot pinpoint just "one" as there could be many factors coming into play.

As with any thing technological it cn be prone to a few hiccups here and there. I hope this helps out a bit and all the best in your inworld experiences.

Enjoy!

Felicia

AkilinaKaterina wrote:

[ .... ]

Ah people keep telling me, but my service provider works just fine, everything else works fine, so why  would it just do this for Second Life? this is everywhere I go on the grid I get this issue.

"Just fine" is a relative term.  It generally means that you have plenty of bandwidth and that your connection works well for normal things like e-mail, web browsing, watching YouTube videos, and playing some on-line games.  Second Life demands a lot more than that.  Unlike most games you may have played, Second Life maintains a stream of data between its servers and your viewer, to keep track of changes in world and any changes you are making as you move around or create things.  If the stream is interrupted or delayed, the servers and your viewer get out of sync.  You develop lag, rubber banding, poor rendering, inventory issues, and frequent crashes.

SL's servers do have occasional problems, but at least they have techies who maintain them.  As a result, the problem is more likely to be in your own connection.  Rebooting both your router and your modem will often cure it.  Avoiding wifi is also a good idea. (Linden lab doesn't recommend or support wifi, and it can be vulnerable to some interference and data loss.) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.