How can I give a resident who is my friend, the right to edit my objects/ clothes that I am wearing

Clonefighter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, awhile back on like my second day of using the viewer 2.5 soemthing, a friend that I had just met made me a collar and gave it to me. When I wore it she discovered that it was not placed properly on my avatar (it was in my kinda in my check, too far down), so she asked me to give her rights to edit the collar that I was wearing to properly place it on me. I couldnt figure out how. She gave me directions on how to do it, but I couldnt find want she was describing. Now about a month later, the misplacement of the collar is really bothering me and I would love to give my friend the rights to edit it, but I still cant figure out how to. So how do I give my friends the rights to the products (or just a certain product/ object) that I am wearing or using?

I probably didnt word that properly, so I'll give an example. A few weeks ago, one of my friends were buidling a house and One of her Friends was helping her build it even though my friend owned all of the objects. SO I think that is what Im asking about.

3 answers to this question

You can for objects that are rezzed, but not for objects you are wearing, though I gather there is something you can buy that sort of does that.

If your collar is on your neck and just needs moving a bit, you should be ok to do it yourself.

Right click on the collar and select EDIT

You will then see 3 coloured arrows, red, green & blue, each pointing in the directions that they will move the object.

Left click on the arrow and drag it in the direction it is pointing (forwards or backwards on that line) & thats all there is to it :)

If you do want to give a friend permission to edit your rezzed objects you do that by going to their profile and clicking on actions > privacy ....Be careful using that as they can take your objects if they are transferrable.

• Like 2

To edit someone elses rezzed objects you go to your friend list, find their name, and I think of the 3 boxes you can click to check, it is the farthest to the right from the name.

I am not convinced it will work on worn objects either but I'm sure you can pick up the skills to do it yourself with practice by right clicking it and editing it, just move slowly.

just to add unless the collar is scripted with a remote edit script (like the one used in bax boots) which means anyone can move it around & re-size it via the script when wearing giving your friend mod rights isn't going to work while your wearing the collar but will work fine rezzed on the ground

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.