How can I get deeded objects back?

Maggs Freenote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Sounds like modify and copy were not given before deeding, in which case you've permanently lost those permissions on those objects.

Check the object permissions before you deed them next time.  Deeding is just like giving an object to another person, the permissions become set permanently.

You can take the objects back, if you were the one who deeded them to the group.  If the object is no-modify/no-copy/TRANSFER, they can be taken by any group member with permissions to take group objects.

Alt=:smileywink:

In my experience, if the object is transferable you or other owner can just "take" it back (right click >> take) but this will not put permissions back. When you deed an objecto to group you are in fact transferring it to the group. The permissions setted to next owner becomes a property of the object and will remain even when the creator takes it back.

Beware - if it is no-transfer, returning it causes it to be deleted because it cannot be transferred back to you.

[edited to add]: Unless you have a good reason to deed an object to the group, like security orbs for a group owned land, it is ever better to just set it to group maintaining your ownership over it.

Maggs Freenote wrote:

I created a group and deeded some objects to this group but I can no longer modify or copy the object and neither can any of the group officers / owners!  Can I take the objects back please so I can modify / copy them again?

Maggs

Hi Maggs!  Just return the object.  If it belongs to you it will show up in your lost and found.  I hope this helps!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.