Sign in to follow this  
cottoncandyprincess

Can i file a report regarding store owners?

Question

my suggestion would be... let it go and move on, lesson learned.

If the seller comes back on it you'r lucky, he cán do it, but also cán ignore it, and it was not him causing it.

6 answers to this question

my suggestion would be... let it go and move on, lesson learned.

If the seller comes back on it you'r lucky, he cán do it, but also cán ignore it, and it was not him causing it.

You can try write a message to the customer service in other language (see him/her profile).

You can write a report about the owner and the fraud object with your viewer. You bought something, the transaction is in your L$ Transaction History.

Make a note with your Name and Transaction History for that purchase. Explain politely what transpired and send it to the Store Owner/Customer Service Rep. If it's a reputable Store in second life, they'll make an effort to help.

• Like 2

Alwin is probably right.  Unless there's a TOS violation involved, Linden Lab will generally ignore disputes between residents. In addition to the TOS (Sect. 6), see also https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Transactions-and-disputes-between-Residents/ta-p/799395

Vendors are scripted devices and, unfortunately, that means that they can sometimes fail.  I have seen failures happen for many reasons, including:

1. Poorly-written scripts
  2. Scripts being installed incorrectly or used inappropriately.
  3. Scripts jammed by user spam clicking.
  4. Vendors not loaded with sale items.
  5. Scripts turned off by the owner.
  6. Scripts installed with mod perms, vulnerable to tampering.
  7. Vendors blocked by griefer prims.
  8. Scripts with debit permission not activated.
  9. Vendors in parcels where scripts have been turned off.
  10. Networked vendors that have lost contact with a remote server.
  11. Vendors with instructions that are hard for users to understand.
  12. Users who are totally clueless and can't figure out how to use a vendor.

And the list goes on and on.  I have used (and have written) many vendors over the years.  It's possible for things to go wrong with even the simplest click-this-box-to-get its-contents vendor, and it's not always easy to know whose fault it is.  Your best approach is to assume that the merchant is honest and wants your goodwill and repeat business.  Send a polite notecard that explains your problem and be patient. Merchants have real lives with families, RL jobs, illnesses, vacations, and all the rest, so they won't be just sitting by the computer, waiting for your message.  If you haven't heard back in a few days or a week, try again, politely.  If even that doesn't work, take Alwin's advice and walk away. 

• Like 1

Don't use the chat message as proof of payment.  Instead, look in your $L transaction history on your dashboard page here on the website.  If the payment shows up there, copy the transaction details and send them in your notecard to the store owner and customer service person.