Can i file a report regarding store owners?

cottoncandyprincess

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had a problem with purchasing the item in inworld store. Instead of buy i click pay and the money went directly to the owner, i did not receive any items. When i tried the redelivery system it is stating that i have no recent purchases from that store. In the general chatbox there was a proof that i paid a sum of money to the owner. I contacted the owner and her customer service. Sent both of them a notecard, however for 3 days no i did not get any respond from them, even though i saw the "customer Service" person went online recently. I sent  them a message again and even looking for any help at the group chat but to no avail. I just recently send a message to the owner's flickr account but i doubt that she will get back to me asap. Can i file a report on this? this is a very bad customer service, i mean how can they engage in such kind of business if they cannot even address to customers needs. I have been very patient but not my patience is wearing thin. Any suggestions guys? 

6 answers to this question

You can try write a message to the customer service in other language (see him/her profile).

You can write a report about the owner and the fraud object with your viewer. You bought something, the transaction is in your L$ Transaction History.

Alwin is probably right.  Unless there's a TOS violation involved, Linden Lab will generally ignore disputes between residents. In addition to the TOS (Sect. 6), see also https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Transactions-and-disputes-between-Residents/ta-p/799395

Vendors are scripted devices and, unfortunately, that means that they can sometimes fail.  I have seen failures happen for many reasons, including:

1. Poorly-written scripts
  2. Scripts being installed incorrectly or used inappropriately.
  3. Scripts jammed by user spam clicking.
  4. Vendors not loaded with sale items.
  5. Scripts turned off by the owner.
  6. Scripts installed with mod perms, vulnerable to tampering.
  7. Vendors blocked by griefer prims.
  8. Scripts with debit permission not activated.
  9. Vendors in parcels where scripts have been turned off.
  10. Networked vendors that have lost contact with a remote server.
  11. Vendors with instructions that are hard for users to understand.
  12. Users who are totally clueless and can't figure out how to use a vendor.

And the list goes on and on.  I have used (and have written) many vendors over the years.  It's possible for things to go wrong with even the simplest click-this-box-to-get its-contents vendor, and it's not always easy to know whose fault it is.  Your best approach is to assume that the merchant is honest and wants your goodwill and repeat business.  Send a polite notecard that explains your problem and be patient. Merchants have real lives with families, RL jobs, illnesses, vacations, and all the rest, so they won't be just sitting by the computer, waiting for your message.  If you haven't heard back in a few days or a week, try again, politely.  If even that doesn't work, take Alwin's advice and walk away. 

• Like 1

Don't use the chat message as proof of payment.  Instead, look in your $L transaction history on your dashboard page here on the website.  If the payment shows up there, copy the transaction details and send them in your notecard to the store owner and customer service person.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.