Are the linden homes available to purchase to put on my own mainland plot.

Irish Breen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Hello, this is a resident to resident help, almost never a Linden will look here, so don't expect an answer from them :)

Thats a question to Micheal Linden, he is the head of the LDPW (http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LDPW) and the lead of the Moles. You can contact him via a support case I guess (usually you open a case if you have some trouble on mainland with LDPW builds).

In my opinion it is pretty unlikely that you will get one.

you can take OR your own mainland OR a Linden home

you can buy whatever house you like at MP or inworld. But it will count against your prim limit.

It's not possible to do that on the mainland because you own only 512, and your neighbours won't like it when theit prim limit is set to your place.

If you like a Linde home that much, try find one at a water side or end of the LH regions, you won't be surrounded by others.

Might take a while before you abandoned enough to get assigned one of those.

No, the Linden Homes are not available for sale. They are designed exclusively for Linden Homes parcels.  If you look for home builders in world, however, you may find one who either has a ready-made home in a similar style or would be glad to build you one on commission. You could try posting in either the Wanted forum or the InWorld Employment forum.

HI, laughs. I think I wasnt clear. I own my own land. I pay my tier. I like the linden houses themselves. really. lol. Can I purchase one. or does it mean I need to abandon my land, get a linden home on linden land. then grab the house up, then put it on my now abandoned land? 0-o

you were very clear, as so are the other answers... you can not take a linden home to a mainland parcel.

Only when you buy a home at MP or inworld from another resident you can get a home.

Or abandon/ sell your mainland, and take a LL home, WITH the land, the house isnt'really owned by you so can't take, copy or mod it.

Nope, they aren't.  But, in my opinion, there are a great many much nicer homes created by Residents.  Take a look at some of the homes in the Marketplace, under the Buildings and Other Structures > Residential Structures category.

When shopping for a home, there are two key specifications to be aware of:

1. Footprint.  How large is the building, in meters?  Or, many builders will specify what size parcel, in square meters, will be needed for the home.
  2. Land impact.  Your parcel must have enough capacity to support the prims of the house.  A 512 square meter parcel, which is the size of a Linden Home parcel, has a capacity of 117.  As a general rule, your house should not consume more than half of the available capacity, to leave enough for furniture and landscaping.

Although the Marketplace is a convenient way to look at and compare a large number of homes, I strongly recommend visiting the creator's in world store and seeing the home in world before you purchase it.

The other option is to build your own home!  It's not hard to learn the Second Life building tools, and creating your own place from scratch can be very rewarding.  There are many places where you can learn to build.  One great option is to visit The Ivory Tower Library of Primitives and take their self-paced building tutorials.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.