How to handle psychopats?

Mix Frequency

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I have one experience with one resident and it isnt lovely, but not worth to discuss about it! On a party with my friends 2 months ago a woman out of the blue started to insult me on nationality basis infront of my(our) friends I am polite and nice so I didnt argued I just said I appreciate your honesty, thank you for letting me know.The other incident happened 2 weeks ago when I was just telling her to chill and relax and that its not time nor place or nice to be so angry, then she started to call me names and lying to everyone I'm a **bleep** dating everyone. She did this for 2,3 mins. My friends (which are her friends too) tell me to mute and forget I mean I did that, but its not ok when someone insults me and my BF in front of our friends with this lies such as I am a "cheating" bitch. I didnt know that having a friends and talking with someone should mean I'd saduce them and take them into my bed.I didnt tell what is going on between us to my BF they are "friends" inworld. What can I do? Should I reported this psychopat and how?

I've never muted anyone. I'd rather know what they were saying.

The best approach is simply to ignore. Such people are not taken seriously and do no more than make themselves look foolish.

However, if you're in the mood, why not see her rants as an opportunity to have a little sport at her expense. I've found that the appearance of a "nutter" has brightened up many an otherwise dull day in my SL.

Yes, and I dont mute people either its better to know what they are saying! I can handle freaks I'd be ok if it was only me involved into this arguments but when someone doesnt respect my partner who wasnt there then in front of his friends its a bad thing, I honestly think that LL should let play SL only to people who has passed psycho tests or have no "mental" records at shrinks, the world is so full of mentally disturbed people with real doctor diagnoses. I know about those people I've heard their RL stories

Mix Frequency wrote:

My friends tell me to mute and forget I mean I did that but its not ok when someone insults me and my partner in front of our friends with this lies like I am a cheating bitch, what can I do? Should I reported this psychopat and how?

Good advise.

If it bugs you, you can do an Abuse Report.  You can find it from the top menu under Help.

And why not mute?  Does this person have anything to say you need to hear?  I have learned to stop responding to perpetual liars. It will not stop them from barking at your heels but then neither does barking back.  It just makes you look like a pair yapping dogs.

Mute, ignore and AR for harassment if it bothers you.  You can even ask your friends to help by filing abuse reports as well.

There is a category of Griefer who enjoys being insulting.  They like making other people not have fun.  Some theorize that it makes them feel better about their own failed lives if they can make others miserable, a passing on of the pain sort of thing.  I don't know.  But there are folks who get their jollies by speaking garbage and calling people names.  You'll find folks walking into packed clubs and calling various people vile racial names without even a clue about the person's nationality, race, creed, etc.  It is hardly a new problem (especially for Furries, who seem to be a favorite target). 

It is best handled by simply banning and muting them.  What, you're afraid you are going to hurt the griefer's feelings?  it's a shame that the griefer doesn't extend the same courtesy to you, now isn't it?

Pep wrote:

Oh, most mad Irishmen are really good fun once they have a drink or two inside them.

Pep (And as for the mad Irishwomen . . . )

Indeed,  I swear this to be true ... at least of one Irishman I know well.  applause.gif

PS.  I agree, don't mute - it's better to know what this person is saying.  I would suggest avoiding her though,  why waste your time in SL on someone who does not make you smile?

Mix Frequency wrote:

...like I am a cheating bitch,...

Because everyone knows that bitches cheat all the time, right? If this supposed psychopat [sic] thinks that you are cheating on her, she probably has good reason to assume that the two of you are involved. There are always two sides to a story.

Aside from that... who the heck are you, and why do you bother complete strangers with your personal drama? Do you think that's particularly sane behaviour? In my experience, the craziest people are always the drama queens, who feel insulted or persecuted if others as much as look at them.

Poor sheep .. they were so eagerly anticipating your arrival, Pep.

wales_trip_sheep-710299.jpg

Oh.. err.. on topic .. psychopath woman ? Should be coupled to Psychodad :

Who's that riding in the sun?
Who's the man with the itchy gun?
Who's the man who kills for fun?
Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad

He sleeps with a gun but he loves his son
Killed his wife 'cos she weighed a ton.

He's Psycho Dad.

A little touched or so we're told,
Killed his wife 'cos she had a cold
Might as well she was getting old
Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad, Dad.

He's quick with a gun
And his job ain't done.

He's Psycho Dad

Who's that riding in the sleigh?
Who's that firing along the way?
Who's roughing up bums on Christmas day?

Who's that riding across the plain?
Who's proud 'cos his wife is slain?
Who's the man who's plumb insane?

Its not that simple, her friends are mine too, we move aorund at the same parties. No, she isnt on my list, hehe! I didnt want to bother my BF with this kind of stuff, because they are "friends" and this isnt such an important thing to mention, but maybe I should tell whats going on between us, so maybe I'll find out  whats going on in here. Anyway thanks to everyone for your responses, I just wondered if anyone got into a situation like I did and what would you all do about it . You know its a creepy feeling when everyone thinks that person is nice, but you feel when someone is being evil to only you and making you drama for without being provocated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.