Talligurl

Do you need a home?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My bf and I have a huge house on a full sim, and it's way more room than we need. We are looking for a few ladies to come live in som eof the rooms. We have an open relationship, so if you take us up on the offer, you can expect to have him hitting on you. Don't worry I won't try to kill you. If your bi, I might hi ton you to. We are not looking for rent, just company. If this sounds interesting give me an IM or notecard and I can have you over to see it.

I got some responses I world that I think should work out, so there isn't any more room at the moment.

1 hour ago, Dirrty Haiku said:

Who preg?

What? And I can't believe this got dug up, goes to show, e careful what nonsense you post here.

• Like 1

I feel your pain :-) I had once posted a (now) painfully embarrassing story about how a Dungeon Skybox above land my Partner and I were renting got de-rezzed causing it to rain Goreans in our living room. At the time, I was unfamiliar with BDSM, Goreans and their customs. My rant was "special".

Since then I think I have buried all the bodies and deleted all traces from that alt's social media.........

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 5

There have been tons over the last few weeks - some going back to early 2015 and I think I even saw one the other day from mid-late 2012.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

26 minutes ago, Annika Velde said:

Is it just me or have there been a lot of old posts getting dug up recently? I've come across a couple just today.

No it's not just you, there's been a bit of a necro invasion recently... 

We should send for... The Riddick!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

No it's not just you, there's been a bit of a necro invasion recently... 

We should send for... The Riddick!

Yeah! We can watch him struggle to win against Vaako :o

Since the new forums went up, people seem to have made a habit out of digging up old threads in numbers, that I haven't seen any time before. I have no idea why its happening. I think the oldest that I've seen were from 2010.

I sometimes think that threads should just auto-lock if there hasn't been any activity for a certain amount of time.  That would prevent the necro-posting.  If someone really had something to add to the conversation, they could always start a new thread and reference the old thread.  

• Like 4

I have a couple times clicked on something and gotten a bunch of old posts, I figured it out that they weren't current, but I can see if a person wasn't as smart as me (you gotta wonder how these people even breathe actually) they might not realize and post in them.

25 minutes ago, NataliaAdele said:

why?

forums are a very bad thing for direct communication, we have IM and chat inworld for that.

Inworld you also see directly if someone is online, being online on forums doesn't mean online inworld, and you can't get a tp from here to the inworld location.

Also... if you had read the thread, it's from august 2016 ..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

forums are a very bad thing for direct communication, we have IM and chat inworld for that.

Inworld you also see directly if someone is online, being online on forums doesn't mean online inworld, and you can't get a tp from here to the inworld location.

Also... if you had read the thread, it's from august 2016 ..

I'm sorry:(

Pardon me

Yes the house is gone, and though he has a new house, I no longer live there. He now has a fiance, and I have no idea what she would think about having a bunch of other girls moving in. 

All i have seen since the new forum is old posts, i commented on an old one, hadn't noticed to be honest :P But yeah might be cos of a lack of new posts, so it is regurgitating them :P

It's because we are unable to close threads once they get solved/sufficiently replied.

That explains why girls that opened a thread looking for friends on 2010 are still receiving tons of ims from unknown people.

It's time to buy some padlocks, admins.

:D

31 minutes ago, DorianDiaz said:

It's time to buy some padlocks, admins.

:D

^^This^^

Folks should still be able to reference / share an old post, but if it has been inactive for 6-12 months, it really does not need new comments.  At least not in the People forum

• Like 1

but, say a subject was discussed here five years ago. Now we have a whole new bunch of people, these people might want to discuss the same thing, since they missed to first conversation, so then why not add the new conversation to the old thread? Obviously the "I am new and looking for friends" thread from 5 years ago, that person isn't new, and may have completely moved on away from SL. And as for opening a thread in 2010 and getting tons of IMs from unknown people, girls get that whether the opened a thread or not, it is just SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.