Why would Second Life lock out my Mastercard?

AliceDarkWidow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried to buy lindens with my Mastercard on SL yesterday, and it didn't work no matter how many times I tried it. 

Eventually I used  my Visa card, and it worked the second time. 

But now my Mastercard is locked out....did SL do this? I haven't done anything bad, I purchased something for my brother on his Xbox (CoD stuff) using my Mastercard and it was okay....

So what could have happened?

2 answers to this question

If your Mastercard is a prepaid card or a debit card it is not accepted as a form of payment.  If it is a regular credit card and hasn't reached it's limit then you can call billing to find out why it didn't work.

Billing support phone numbers:
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance
The Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

If you cannot use one of these phone numbers contact Live Chat if you are a premium member or file a support ticket

• Like 3

In addition to the above answer, Wells Fargo, credit union, state benefit, and empoyment pay debit cards all work on the same billing platform as prepaid cards and may also experence issues. No matter if you're using a supported payment or not, however, a backup option is to use a Skrill account to get around any of these blocks.For more information onf skrill, see the link below:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.3.6

Another common problem we see is a lot of times banks randomly flag transactions from Linden Lab/ Second Life as potentially unauthorized or fraudulent charges. A quick call to the SECURITY DEPARTMENT (not customer service) of your bank and checking to see i they are blocking the card may also be a necessary step if you have trouble, both on the Second Life website, and using Skrill or Paypal.

I hope this helps!

Josej Scout

Linden Lab support

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.