New interview with Ebbe Altberg

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is Ebbe pushing the VR in interviews because it's the next big thing or is Sansar really VR oriented? It sounds like it is in this interview. I like that Ebbe has to educate the interviewer on the difficulty of SL and how it rewards those who put in the time to understand it. Looking forward to early 2017!

Sansar exists because LL wants to provide virtual worlds (they're calling them experiences) to companies/groups/individuals who want to build something to attract people who have VR goggles. Note that Sansar is not a virtual world; it's a hosting service for worlds/experiences. I haven't seen anything so far to indicate LL plans to use Sansar to create an experience of their own (other than as a demonstration for potential customers).

Fortunately you don't have to use VR goggles to use Sansar. The computer requirements to use Sansar sans goggles should be lower than SL's requirements because Sansar content (everything in an experience/world) will be optimized before end users can see it.

I am very hesitant to listen to any of Ebbes interviews, but I thought, comon, it's getting closer to the public beta phase, so maybe, maybeeee, maaaaayyyyyybeeeeeee there is something interesting, new in there, and so I waisted 48 minutes of my time to hear the same talk he talked in every interview over the last year.

If you did listen to, or read a transscript of one of Ebbes earlier interviews already, you are all set.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.