Testing grid won't work right after changing password?

Antumbra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a question about the beta testing grid? I changed my password and ever since i did, I can't put on alpha's or anything anymore. I changed my password cuz I needed my inventory updated, it did update my inventory but I can't put on alpha's or change my shape or anything. 

Well too late now but your inventory should have been updated without the password change. They have MERGED (a one way merge) items from both grids so that the main grid inventory is available on Aditi. This happened months ago.

THAT being said it is VERY MESSY over there. My inventory got completely messed up with tons of VERY old Aditi items showing up on the main grid. They were not actually IN my inventory (couldn't rez or wear) but they were listed. I did a complete inventory redo and it is mostly fixed now. Since then my alt has been testing for me. SHE had that same issue. I eventually got it fixed (I posted here but again a long while ago) but she still needs to edit her shape in order for alphas to show up. For a very long while she was just eyeballs.

OH, I think I may have logged in on the SL viewer rather than Firestorm and that fixed a tiny bit of the issue. You might try that.

I'll see if I can find my post on that.

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Aditi-Agni-inventory-losses-WARNING-Updated/m-p/3040474#M34381

Interesting.... I loved to go on the beta grid and work in peace and since I play more I planned to change password and go there again, seems that won't happen!

But i wanted to ask you something else... what is "Photo Ops LANDMARKS" you mention? I am making a list of sims where you can rezz shooting props and asking everyone for theirs, if you can contribute that would be awesome! 

After having many issues with accessing the Beta server, sometimes the land marks would change, or I found myself in the ocean, or w/e...

I use an alternate method, which is much faster, I can upload models and leave them there.

Run Open Sim on Localhost on Your Machine

The only thing you can't check is your Land Impact, as there is none configured in OpenSim. However, with creating good LODs for your objects and Physics object, you'll have no problem once you put it into Second Life.

You'll have unliimited LI and can leave your builds, test things out, all on your local computer, and you don't have to upload test meshes up into Linden Lab's databases.

Seems people have problems with changing passwords on ADITI.

If you can't get in, you can try your previous password. It might get you in. Otherwise, ask support to fix it.

As to inventory being messed up... The Linden viewers use a seperate inventory cache for AGNI and ADITI. If you are using a third party viewer that does NOT use seperate ADITI/AGNI caches, you are likely to have problems. Check with your viewer maker.

You will have to have support straighten out your updated ADITI inventory.

You might get things sorted by using the Linden viewer. Login to ADITI. Allow inventory to fully load. Log out. Login again well after 6 AM SLT/PT the next day. Let invenotry load and see if it is working. If not... support ticket. 

You can try going to the Server Beta UG on Thrusday @ 3PM SLT @ Morris, Aditi. You might sweet talk a Linden into helping.

Well that folder never did show up in Firestorm when I installed the lastest and it was "supposed to".

I just logged into the Linden viewer and the landmarks aren't there -- the CURRENT ones anyway. And yes I had a fairly nice blogger list ^^. None of my other missing inventory came back either and to partly fixe the issue I went through much of my 50,000 item inventory and got it down to 25,000. Along they way I found lots of things that said they were there that wouldn't rez (presumable from the  beta grid merge as they were all older items from 3 or 4 years ago (my alt over at the beta grids previous rendition time).

I really don't know any rez spots now that MOSP at LEA7 (I ran that for three years) is gone. Tonight I went over to St. Pete and attached the prop I needed to my right leg AFTER picking out a pose and did things that way. You can get pretty tricky when you have to.

I kinda enjoy wandering through the destination guide now and since I have NO landmarks that still work (well maybe five) that' my mode.

There are still folks over on the beta grid (I am on the mesh sandboxes) but not like their used to be. And "I" am not there any longer, letting my alt do the work which actually is fairly handy because I can inport to the main grid while she is still on the beta grid (I never did that when it was "me and me" :D.

Just wanted to note that I was in Opensim (don't visit much these days) for about a year and a half and there are some important changes BESIDES land impact. Physics aren't the same and amazingly LODS don't work the same either. AND it also depends what VERSION of Opensim you are running.

I still zip over to Inworldz to check textures and such, but it really isn't good for testing things like houses.    If it is a lamp that you know will be 1 li in SL and doesn't need any more complex physics than a cube, then Opensim works great. Easier though just to make an account somewhere as uploads are free on every world that I have been on (many) and you have no techie hassles :D.

Just my two cents.

These big inventory issues all started happening AFTER they merged the databases a few months ago.  NOW you can see you total Agni inventory over on Aditi (and I have to admit I looked a hell of a lot better there before I noted all the things disappearing).

Your Aditi inventory does not merge with your main grid inventory however (of course). For a little while it worked pretty well and then some major snafu happened and the sandboxes got very empty and I saw a lot of strange looking people standing around when I did see someone.  So while the idea was great, implimentation was not. It would be nice if they get it to work, but since my alt still can't get an alpha layer to work without opening up the shape dialog (any viewer and new viewers) I'm not trusting anything there.

Anyway, dusting off you alt if you need to venture over for testing is a good plan.  MUCH SAFER.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.