hello everyone, I would like to know if is possible, how can I get a job and earn money?

Blakon92

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

i think you should start with the last part of your question: find out whe SL is and what you can do...

after that start thinking about a job, because nearly all jobs require you know how SL basic things work.

In the forums is a "inworld employment"  section, make a post there with what you want, and what you can... skills ...perhaps one will contact you about that.

• Like 2

To expand slightly on Alwin's answer .... If you're interested in working in SL, do it because you like to work, not because you want to earn money.  Alwin is right that any jobs except the most menial ones require some experience with SL and some knowledge of how things work.  (And there are very few menial jobs, too.)  To be a creator or a performer takes a fair level of RL expertise, also, or you won't be able to compete with the hundreds (thousands... ) of other talented people in SL.  Finally, regardless of your degree of experience and expertise, it takes time to build a following (an audience, a market ... ).  In the meantime, you can expect to maybe break even and get discouraged unless you tell yourself from the outset that you are only working because it's FUN

The basic answer to your question, then, is that you find a job by creating one, and you do that by living in SL long enough to learn how everything works and find your niche.  Sort of like RL, actually. :smileywink:

• Like 2

I agree with all what Roling said, and yes most of the SL hires do not accept 'newbi' avatars but experience is not always required. I say live as a freebi avatar for a month or two (you can look amazing just being all free thanks to MP and group gifts that you can find in in-world stores), explore SL and see what it is about.

If you will be interested look for a job after a while. there are a lot of clubs seeking for dancers, also if you have knowledge in photoshop you should be a photographer and editor, also there are many other jobs as Alwin said you can find it here: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inworld-Employment/bd-p/InworldEmployment

Also keep in mind that in the mean time you can visit places with money trees (you'll earn 2L$...), I earnd around 500L$ at Linden Realms (just look for it- its a game where you catch crystals and get money) and there is camping in which you stay in one place for a while and you get money (usually its 1L$ for every 45 minutes)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.