I have a large number of small "physical" objects (apples) that I wish to move

Nellie Knoller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The apples are "physical" and I want to move them from one of my properties to another.  They cannot be brought into my inventory first (they disappear) and the original creator of the apple producing apple tree is not available to help.  I need to make or find a container that will do the job. I have had no luck with the classifieds and I do not know how to make a container that will hold "physical"  the items that cannot first be moved into inventory. Can anyone help?

3 answers to this question

Hi Nellie,

I'm gonna guess that your inability to move the apples to inventory is actually an inablity to rezz them again, and that this results from some kind of script operation. Disable the scripts on one of the apples and see if you can then move it to/from inventory. Unless the apples do something you want, you can leave the scripts disabled. Re-enabling the scripts after moving them may or may not work. I've no idea what the scripts look for to cause their self destruction.

Good luck!

Maddy is on the right track, but there's an even easier solution.  Make your own apples.  Look in the Library >>> Textures >>> Sculpt Textures >>> Sculpt Textures folder for the Apple texture.  You can use that to make a sculpty apple and then texture it with the apple texture in the adjacent texture folder.  (To make a sculpty: (1) rez a cube (2) select it with your editor (3) open the Object Tab and select Sculpty from the dropdown shape menu (4) drag/drop the sculpty texture into the picker window.)

On the Object page in your editor, check the boxes to make it Physical and Temporary.  Then take it to your inventory.  You'll be able to rez it wherever you have permission, it will be physical, and it will poof in about a minute.

• Like 2

I think I didn't read your question carefully enough, and Rolig's got the right answer. If the apples vanish shortly after falling from the tree, they're temporary objects. If you can right-click on one and edit it before it vanishes, you might be able to uncheck the temporary box. I don't know if that's possible.

If they stick around, you're able to take them into inventory, but they vanish when you drag them out, then it's a script issue.

Either way, making your own li'l apples as Rolig suggests is clearly the best solution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.