mein Gott Kapitän offensichtlich!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why are there so many neo Nazis in WW2 Vice/RP DX. Its gotten to the point that the fourth reich will take place Jeogeot Gulf. Nowhere enough players for us poor beleagured allies.
Yes I know I am stating something obvious.....just a silly rant. Subject title hints at that xp. "My god Captain Obvious!!!!" ala google translate. So please take this with a grain of sugar.

Right-wing extremist nonsense is en vogue of late across the west in general. My anecdotal evidence suggests this isn't a whole tonne of change for certain subcultures - some number of people get attracted to styles of RP for leading reasons.

I'm sure there's a long list of idiots you could blame for this, but unsure how productive naming them here would be.

Is the tone of your opening post genuine surprise? What do you expect can happen?

No worries. I don't have anything to add other than my complete lack of surprise in this crossover.

For clarity/anyone else - my post talks to recent expressions of fascism because of the word 'neo' in your opening post. There is a correlation between modern fascist movements and the idolisation (and re-animating) of old ones.

I get that some other number of people are playing Axis powers in WW2 RP for less leading reasons, but I'm also totally not surprised that you can find neo-fascist material inside historic RP groups.

How do you know they have political real life motivations to roleplay Nazis in WW2 RP sims? I mean, in other roleplay settings the fraction representing "the bad guys" is almost never understaffed. Not to mention that popculture, games and Hollywood movies have created their very own "Nazi" image, that has little to do with reality, but just makes for cool fictional characters.

I'm not active on such RP sims, but I would always be careful of accusing roleplayers of portaying anything behond a fiction.

Really its more of an observed trend. I will never point fingers or name names. Despite my opinion on neo nazis and similar groups. I still feel it is their right to think and feel however they want.

Now I am not just looking at an increase in grey uniforms to base my views on. Rather there is hardish proof in an anecdotal persuadion.

While I know that the amount of Vicers I have met do not qualify as the majority. A lot of what I say it pure, harmless, even lighthearted extrapolation based upon available information.

Tldr? I know that not ALL who play as third reich soldiers are de facto Nazi's. For a bit I was myself a non political Vicer for a better known German Group.

My OP is intended to be a light hearted and commonly held opinion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.