I need to change the email for my main account, but don't have the password.

Faxroux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I made a mistake. I can log onto my main account because the viewer remembers it's info but because I can't see see the password, I don't know what it is.

I also cannot change the password via email because the email account associated with it has been deleted.

It is my account, I just need to change it's email to the one I'm using here. This is important because I just made a significant transaction. My only other option is to gift myself the Lindens and start using this account, but I hope that's a last resort...what can I do?

1 answer to this question

Can you log into your main account's Dashboard page, here on the website?  If you can, you may be able to recover your password from your web browser.  Do some Googling to find out how to do this for your particular browser.

If that does not help, then you can file a Support Case with Linden Lab.  Explain about the forgotten password and the deleted email account.  They will most likely ask you to provide some proof that you are indeed you...a scanned copy of a drivers license or a birth certificate.

Once you get it cleared up, WRITE DOWN the important information about your account...user name, password, email, and secret question/answer, and keep them somewhere safe.  You might also consider using a password manager application.  I use one called "Dashlane".  But don't rely on just one method of keeping your password safe and retrievable.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.