RP Suggestions

Alianora Klossovsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all. I recently rejoined SL since I turned 18 and got age-verified. I am interested in roleplaying, but I am having trouble finding my niche. Can anyone recommend an active vampire or fantasy roleplay that isn't so violent/sexual or centered around combat? I've come across many of those "dark" roleplays in my search and they're a bit too much for me. I don't mind as much if other folks do the fighting thing, but it's just not something that interests me. Time period doesn't matter, I guess.

I'd also recommend looking for the keywords of the type of role-play you'd like to engage in.

Historical? (if so, what era?)

Vampire? (if so, what style?)

Medieval? (again, if so, what style?)

Don't settle on the first land you end up on, if it isn't right for you, or the playing style bugs you. It'll get old really quickly. I personally began playing over a decade ago on bare-bones servers, in very text-rich environments. One problem I find is that many SL players (please don't chime in saying 'this isn't me!'--I know there are exceptions) who got their RP start on SL, tend to be far less rich when it comes to description, sadly in cases where more description would really add to the quality of play. I feel it comes from the fact that we're now in a 3-D environment and people tend to just dump the concept of being descriptive entirely. Best you can do to encourage good play is to play well yourself. :)

If you find a sim you like a lot, but it's empty, try sticking around for awhile. Set your avatar somewhere comfortable and do something in another window, periodically checking in. One of the largest problems in getting RP to take off is that everyone does drive-bys. If no one's there the instant they TP in, they leave. You'd be amused to sit at a landing point and watch how many people miss each other by mere minutes. You can really do the sit and wait thing for several days before giving up. Some lands just have active times that take a bit to take off.

• 7 months later...

Hi, we are looking for fun & dedicated people who want to join our ancient Macedonian community. We are looking for good RP suggestions & people to fill such positions as: Tavern Keeper, Army warriors, Prison guards, Dancers, Priestesses, Party coordinator, Theater crew, etc...

And we are developing a new group, Greek Hetaeras:In ancient Greece, hetaeras were courtesans, that is to say, highly educated, sophisticated companions.

Please contact me inworld, Jeanie Feiri (High Priestess), or King Nikon Solo, for more information. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.