How do you stop someone from controlling/morphing your avatar?

Elisheva Emor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sorry if this is a double post.

A friend of mine who is new to the game has found his av under the control of another player..

hes only accepted objects from 2 people so he knows its one of them..but

How to fix it? he cant find anything in his inventory that looks suspicious..

Would it be an object in his inventory? or is it something harder to fix?

Might he have given "permission" to someone for them to be able to  do it?

anyway, please help!

ADIT: one thing i forgot to mention,..when he relogs it goes away but it just starts up again whenever the person decides to activate it again ...and by control i mean they make his av do stupid dances and what not...they can stop and start it

another ADIT: thank you for the advice when he logs on next i'll get him to do what you have suggested and it if it works i'll fix this

6 answers to this question

Controlling and morphing are two different things and are done in different ways.

Control implies that you have in fact granted permission to the other person.  A vampire bite is a common example of where someone gives control to another person in order to move their avatar.  Stopping animations or relogging should remove the control (animation)

Morphing can be a simple as a gesture or an object that "deforms" your avatar's shape.  If its a gesture, then relogging will clear the deformation.  Otherwise, it's an object that you are wearing.  The thing to do is to remove all objects.  You can also default your avatar to a basic state using the Test Character command found in either the Develop menu or Advanced menu depending on which viewer you are running.

--Cinn

• Like 3

In addition to perfect previous post, if one of the items he accepted is a collar and he is wearing it, tell him to take it off.

Remind him never to accept objects from anyone that he doesn`t know, since it is extremely unadvisiable to rezz or wear anything from a stranger there is no point even accepting them.

Normally an object that another person is wearing or has put inworld that can act on you cannot do that unless you click "YES" when a blue screen drops down or you see chat that asks the question "animate your avatar?"

To turn off animations, go to the top of the screen and look for STOP ALL ANIMATIONS.

There is also another deformer that does not ask you for permission to animate your avatar.

It relies on clicks. If someone clicks anywhere in their screen it can be triggered to allow. It encourages clicking by floating little lights by your view to entice the users to try and click on the floating lights.

The offending resident will be wearing huge prim and can be seen by enabling ctrl/alt/t. You should see a huge red transparent prim attached to the offending resident

I would also like to ad. the Best ways to protect your self on some of these gadgets, is to go to the marketplace and search for all the deformer huds, and read the features and how they work.

check his head to see if he has a brain like object inside of it. these are going around sl and once they turn yellow the person that planted it can take control. also they appear brown and purple sometimes. if he finds it file a abuse report with LL and lets get them to find out who makes these and get them banned.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.