Why can't I write a follow up question here in answers?

Aatami Ashland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I post a question.

I get a reply that looks correct but I was told different inworld.

I can not follow up that answer, because I didn't ask specific enough,

I can not mark it as solved, shall I ask in the forums instead? Because I can follow up a reply there and clarify my question.

4 answers to this question

if the answer looks correct you can always see if it is... if it's told otherwise inworld, also check it and see if that's the right answer?...

so when it's answered there's not really a need to follow up, solved is solved.

And... as far i know the answer you got here is totally correct about the ACI /ARC

If you want a discussion, you indeed need to be on the forums, the Q&A section isn't meant for that, but you can always add more info to your original post, or use the perma link function to add new sub posts.

• Like 1

Aatami Ashland wrote:

I post a question.

I get a reply that looks correct but I was told different inworld.

I can not follow up that answer, because I didn't ask specific enough,

I can not mark it as solved, shall I ask in the forums instead? Because I can follow up a reply there and clarify my question.

Hi Aatami

You are able to follow up in this question and answer section too ... Up in the right corner of your post, there is button. In the menu you will find an option to edit your post. Your new text/follow up, will then show in the bottom of your original post :matte-motes-smile:

The Answers area is not set up for back-and-forth dialogs.  If you want to respond to what one of us writes, you have two choices:

1. Use the Permalink in that person's answer to send a semi-private response.  Anyone else can post there too.  Unfortunately, only those who have already posted replies will be notified that there is a Permalink to read. 

2. Click "Options" in the upper right corner of your own question and then select EDIT to modify your original question.  The drawback there is that no one is notified if you update your original question. We'll only see it if we open it again out of curiosity.

The biggest drawback to both methods is that threads in this Answers area do not pop back to the top if someone adds to them.  We get enough questions in a day that your own question will quickly scroll off the bottom of the page and be invisible to anyone who isn't looking for it deliberately.

We can't do anything about the way the area is designed.  All we can do is live with it and try to explain when someone like you asks.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.