Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tanshin Denothar

llSetPrimMediaParams Frame Load Interrupted by Policy Change

10 posts in this topic

I'm attempting to set up a little media prim for myself so I can play some of the videos that I host on my website. After I got the code setup I was able to view files (.mp4) no problem. Websites worked fine as well. Fast forward a few hours and now I'm seeing the "Frame load interrupted by policy change" error whenever I try to view any type of media (video or audio; websites still work).

I'm not entirely sure what is causing this...

I'm using Viewer 2.

From what I can see from a quick Google search, it appears to be a bug introduced in a recent Safari upgrade.  From Apple user's forum, for example ....

"This appears to be a bug/feature of Safari or one of the recent security updates. I am working on a web site where users download files and Safari is giving me this error. My production site also gives me this error and I would have noticed that earlier. It must be from the recent security update.

The cause is when a web site broadcasts a "fake" link to a file. You click on the link and a script, behind the scenes, generates the appropriate HTTP headers for the file you can and sends said file back to the user. I guess technically the frame load is being interrupted."

I just checked a video from my blog -- plays fine on my prim (using the same function).   So I don't think it is a problem with SL 

Thinkerer

Perhaps it's a general webkit issue in that case.

What irritates me is I'm literally just going to a link for an .mp4 file (this is my test file: http://nintendoaddict.com/slfilms/Logoreveal.mp4 )

There's also http://nintendoaddict.com/downloads/cone.mp4

Sometimes it gives me that error, other times it just gives me a white screen.

EDIT: On second thought... perhaps it's because I don't have Quick Time on here. I had it on my laptop but I had to reinstall Windows on my desktop yesterday. That probably has something to do with it!

Alright things have stabilized (yay!). It stinks that the error still pops up from time to time but I've found it's been minimized by a remote control dialog that I made to go directly to a video.

The joys of technology :P

Hello, one of our professors is getting the same message appearing on a video display in SL. It works great on a mac, but shows the Frame load message on PC's. I have updated quicktime, java and flash player non IE. I have tried to clear my cache as well. Any suggestions?

I suspect that's a difference in how quicktime is implemented on the mac and PC, I imagine it has tighter integration on macs, and there may be a forwarding issue or slow call in the PC version. I'm not sure how you'd fix that but I imagine it would be down to changing how the page is put together.