Domestic Goddess

Caitlin Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, I am a Domestic Goddess. Not only in real life, but also in Second Life.

It is, at all times, very important to take care of ones wardrobe. But, as in real life, that does not mean you can't look good while doing something mundane as ironing.

I, for one, like to iron after a night out. (yeah, my neighbours think I am a bit weird, but then again: they run around in the same jeans for a day and to be honest, I have never seen them taking care of laundry!!)

I would love to hear and see your tips and tricks on taking care of your household in second life!

ironing_003.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caitlin I use noobs .... after being captured, I brainwash and reeducate them into householding techniques (ironing, cleaning, washing, cooking, ....). Even knowing they hate me in the beginning, I succeed to convert them easily into trustworthy, respectful and maniacal householding machines......so, anyone a noob for 150 l$ par day? (no warranty of course!) .....:smileywink: *meows*

noobswhere_001.jpg

I bought a shocking pink, silk shirt at SF Designs a few weeks ago, and when I wore it out and about you'd be surprised how many comments I received. It had never really crossed my mind that a man wearing pink would stand out so much. It's amusing really, guys tend to think that they have to appear "macho" to appeal to women when in truth the opposite may well be the case.

And it is not really the color pink that changes anything.

This guy is going to look macho in anything.
shirt_pink.jpg

But then  with the next one.  Well, like I said, it ain't the color of the shirt.
pink_shirt_narrowweb__200x268.jpg

@Storm, I thought "real men" did not give a hoot  what anyone else thinks about their clothes. 

bonnet.jpg

Mmmm. The position is perhaps that pink is an effeminate colour which tends to have the effect of diluting masculinity.

The guy in the top photo started with a full tank  of masculinity before he put the pink shirt on and so is not much diluted. The guy in the bottom photo's tank was, in contrast, empty at the outset.

If pink changes nothing then it would not draw comments.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

And it is not really the color pink that changes anything.

This guy is going to look macho in anything.

shirt_pink.jpg

@Storm, I thought "real men" did not give a hoot  what anyone else thinks about their clothes. 

I would wear pink to support breast cancer awareness; just as the man in the photo above.

The second photo is a 'runway model'; how many of us manly men are seeking that profession?

The third photo is a poor lolcats - without a cat.

I guess it is that way for men and how they see other men.

I looked up a few articles about pink and the male/female roles.  It started off with pink as a boy color because it was associated with red, the color of Mars and blood and other manly/violent subjects.  Blue, being a softer, calmer color, was considered the color for girls.  This held true until the 1940's.

Also happening in the 1940's, the nazi Germans were forcing Jews to wear the Star of David, and in a similar fashion men suspected of homosexuality were forced to wear pink triangles.  So at the risk of godwining a fashion thread ... it could be argued that nazis and homophobes are responsible for the negative male view on wearing pink.  Weird, huh?  If not for Hitlar you would be shunning blue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.