Second life won't let me log in. Says my time is not correct or my firewall needs to allow it t

Wild Keng

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am not allowed to log in it gives me a meaages saying either my time on my PC is inccorect it isnt or my firewall is not allowing it through i have allowed it. I am curious as to how to solve this i have uninstalled and reinstalled it worked for a little then the message came back. What can i do to fix this?

2 answers to this question

There are several possibilities, some more far-fetched than others.  The time might be correct on your computer, but the date (including the year) could be wrong.  Or your computer failed to note the change from Daylight Savings.  Or didn't reset when you carried it from one time zone to another.  Or the CMOS battery on your motherboard that powers the clock is dead (or dying).  Or, yes, your firewall could be blocking things.  Or your router's internal firewall. (Try rebooting it, and your modem.)

The clock is really important, because SL maintains a continuous data stream between your viewer and the Linden Lab servers. To keep them in sync, transmissions compare timestamps.  If your clock is telling the wrong time, everything gets confused.  And then you disconnect.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.