Sign in to follow this  
Perrie Juran

Community Platform Log Out Failure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My habit is whenever I am finished with my browsing session on the Platform to log out.  It is something I do with anything that requires a 'log in,' be it  email or anything else.

However, when I return to the platform, most of the time when I click "sign in," I find myself signed back into the Platform without being prompted for my user name or password.

Is anyone else experience this?  I generally use Firefox for surfing the web.

It's happened to me a couple times but I don't recall if I logged out or just closed the window.

I figured it was some kind of cookie.

You might be able to test it by cleaning out cookies and revisiting.

With all the important files on my pc, security is... wait, I don't have any important files.:smileytongue:

They are moving toward "Single Sign-on", so if you were previously signed into the Marketplace or the secondlife.com website anywhere, AND it has not been more than the 30-minute automatic log out .. you will yourself logged back in.

If you want to truly log out of everything, make sure you choose "Log Out" in every SL-related web property then close all your browser windows and tabs.

Knowl Paine wrote:

It's happened to me a couple times but I don't recall if I logged out or just closed the window.

I figured it was some kind of cookie.

You might be able to test it by cleaning out cookies and revisiting.

With all the important files on my pc, security is... wait, I don't have any important files.:smileytongue:

It is distinctly happenning after logging out.

I do periodically clear all my history, cache, cookies etc.  It  is however a pain for me because there are sites I have to access on a regular basis that will challenge me for all my security questions after I clear cookies.  It get's to be even more fun when the security answers are case sensitive.  Did I capitalize the name of my first (and last) Goldfish when I put that as the answer to my first teacher's name.  Can drive myself nuts at times.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

They are moving toward "Single Sign-on", so if you were previously signed into the Marketplace or the secondlife.com website anywhere, AND it has not been more than the 30-minute automatic log out .. you will yourself logged back in.

If you want to truly log out of everything, make sure you choose "Log Out" in every SL-related web property then close all your browser windows and tabs.

Last night, three hours after I logged out and went and braved the Real World, the log in still happened automatically.  I had read about this 30 minute cookie but I wonder if it somehow got burnt from being in the oven too long.

You might be getting logged in twice.

If I have a search engine open in another window and follow a SLwiki link that has be updated and moved to the KB here at the forum, I will get logged in twice.

Check to see if your name is showing 2x's in Residents Online, or is it members online?

It's Users Online

Knowl Paine wrote:

If I have a search engine open in another window and follow a SLwiki link that has be updated and moved to the KB here at the forum, I will get logged in twice.

Check to see if your name is showing 2x's in Residents Online, or is it members online?

It's
Users Online

I know where it shows the most recent Users logged in.  Is there somewhere that lists everyone that is logged in?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Last night, three hours after I logged out and went and braved the Real World, the log in still happened automatically.  I had read about this 30 minute cookie but I wonder if it somehow got burnt from being in the oven too long.

More than likely underdone ... thus still "sticky". ;^)

that shouldn't happen....

so now on top of "can't stay logged in", and "can't stay on the same page I was on" we now have "can't actually log out"

.... my head hurts

Void Singer wrote:

that shouldn't happen....

so now on top of "can't stay logged in", and "can't stay on the same page I was on" we now have "can't actually log out"

.... my head hurts

There must be a word in the cookie that the Lithium spell checker is bleeping causing all these problems.  Or...........

I know what it is.  To save money LL bought a Beta version and is testing it on us. 

Knowl Paine wrote:

It's
Users Online

While I seem to be unable atm to force the 2x log in as you described for myself, I did capture the following screen shot which does show a double log in.

Users Online.JPG

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.