How can I create a guide tour avatar in my project?

gihan123

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

You could just place scripted objects around your land that say a chat message as people approach, or that hand out a notecard.  That's the easiest thing to do, and it's what most people would do.  The next step up is a BIG step.  You open a new account and designate it as a scripted agent ( a bot ).  A bot is subject to some restrictions, and of course requires you to have a way to keep your bot on line all the time, either on a dedicated machine of your own or on a hosting servce.  Either route can be expensive and takes a bit of technical skill, but is not too difficult.  You can read about bots here >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Bot

I am not sure what you are asking.

Do you need an avatar that looks like a tour guide?

Do you need a scripted agent to give guided tours to visitors?

And what kind of project?  Is this a school project, just something you want to put together or your piece of a larger build?

Let me start with what I *think* you are asking and if I'm wrong, just edit your post to correct me and give a little more detail.

A tour guide's look will depend on their soundings a great deal.  For most urban settings, go with a female avatar dressed in a blue business jacket and skirt with a white shirt.  A blue barrette of other hat would also be good.  To complete the look, carry a little flag as well.

{[edit]

Yeah, Rolig and I went completely different directions there.

One way to set up a guided tour would be to use one of the several vehicles that can be programmed to follow a set path.  Then set up signs next to things of interest.  People then could ride your gondola or tour bus or whatever, and be automatically taken around your build.

For an example of this, visit the DaVinci Gardens.

Look at this link, it´s a good starting point to create your own bot.

I´ve created a tour, welcome ... bot for a University Island. It can answer questions and guide people to places, give stuff ....

Need to work with Visual C#; else you can rent bots (with server) to do limited stuff.

Monti

ups forgot the link

https://github.com/openmetaversefoundation/libopenmetaverse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.