Crashing 10 times a day, at least.

Emelia Stipe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, 

I am sure I am adding to a multitude of these types of questions but I have suddenly started crashing non-stop in SL. It started a couple of months ago and is so bad I barely log on to my account anymore because it's so unstable. I had no problems before this and suddenly I can't stay on longer than 10 minutes at a time or so.In the last hour for example I have crashed over 4 times.

I am on a MacBook Pro laptop, standard OS, no special upgrades. Like I said, I had absolutely no issues over the last year and a half until the last few months. I am ready to pack in my SL because this is so endlessly frustrating and as far as submitting a ticket is concerned, there doesn't even seem to be an option to submit one for support of an issue of this nature. Not to mention, in the past when I have submitted a ticket (missing inventory) I didn't receive a response. Can someone please help me? 

Thanks!

The first thing I would do is a clean viewer install. That includes wiping all traces of it off your system and downloading it again. Make sure you save your log files if you want to keep them.

Also, refresh your modem and router if you have one and maybe do a speed test on your internet connection. It can't hurt.

Hope this helps... Dres

1) Uninstall your current viewer.  If you have more than one, uninstall them all.

2)  Delete your Second Life cache file.  Before you do that, if you keep a record of IM/local chats, move them to a separate area so they are safe.

3) Download and install the viewer.  Just pick one if you had more than one to start.  Each viewer needs to reside in it's own folder.  Same with the cache files.

4)  Login to SL.

• 2 weeks later...

It's unlikely that anyone can help unless you provide quite a bit more information.   For example, you didn't say what viewer you're running or what version it is, where you were or what you were doing when you crash, etc.

A better place to report problems like this is the Jira, but read the advice on how to report a bug https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Issue_tracker and make sure that you attach the log files (there's a link there to how to find them).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.