How do I select multiple objects that belong to me?

Kal Zemenis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

This was one of the first questions I asked when I started out. :)

All you have to do is right-click and in the pie menu, select "Edit" (or ctrl and 3 on keyboard). Then hold down the shift key on your keyboard and click other objects you want to select. This way you can move them all together without losing their set arrangement and whatnot.
If you want to select and take more than one object back into your inventory, delete, or what-have-you, follow the above steps once all the items you want are clicked and highlighted, right click and select 'take'. Then it will return to your inventory as a coalesced object (icon looks like small yellow cubes stuck together). You can find it quickly beneath your recent items tab; it will be named after whichever was the root prim, or the first thing you clicked, but will have all the items in it still in their respective arrangement.

To rezz them all again as they were, just press ctrl and 3 on your keyboard to go into edit mode and drag and drop them from your inventory, this way they are all rezzed as they were, and all still selected so you can move them around.

Good luck!

• Like 3

The other way, if there are lots of them or like all the prims in an unlinked building, where it would take to long to click one by one, you can open edit box, left-click/hold and drag a box over all the prims. If you go to tools menu first and check "select only my objects" you won`t select all the other people`s objects in your selection box.

After you have them all selected you can use shift-click to deselect individual objects from your selection or shift-drag box to add another selection area of ur prims/objects (ctrl-drag box to deselect an area of prims/objects)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.