Springy bouncy skirts!

Jacki Silverfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know the name of those skirts that bounce and spring all over? They're like wearing a rubber band and I'd like to avoid them! Nothing worse then buying a dress only to find it bouncing out of control when you walk. Also I'm running into them more often.

/me hopes this isn't a new trend.:smileymad:

Jacki

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

Does anyone know the name of those skirts that bounce and spring all over? They're like wearing a rubber band and I'd like to avoid them! Nothing worse then buying a dress only to find it bouncing out of control when you walk. Also I'm running into them more often.

Jacki

Is it flexi or sculpti, Jacki? Flexi can be adjusted but the sculpts are anchored to an attachment point and may not always go with the flow:smileywink:

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

Jacki

Just goes to show we all have different tastes ! Personally I adore those springy skirts..especially when a designer has gone out of their way to ensure its a no knicker flasher..springy skirts make me smile:smileyhappy:

It's all a matter of how the designer has set the flexi parameters.  I'd suggest that you do some experiments.  Make a copy of one of your skirts (assuming that you have mod/copy perms), wear it, and hop up on a pose stand.  Then select the skirt, and open the "Features" tab in Edit.  Click the "Edit Linked Parts" box and choose one prim in your skirt.  Then try changing the Drag and Tension parameters.  Making them smaller will make the prim less bouncy and more flyaway. Repeat the operation with each prim in the skirt.  Then hop off the pose stand and see what it looks like.  Play with the skirt, changing various numbers until you get a combination you like, then remember what you did so that you can do the same thing next time you buy a skirt and want to shange its bounciness.

@ Jacki

the Flexi skirts have some measure of "limpness" to the and will blow as you walk as if in a breeze. How much they move depends on how flexi the maker created them

Sculpts are often softly shaped with rounded edges and such but they have no limpness, a sculpt skirt might swing like a bell when walking but with not flutter in a breeze

Prim skirt  are hard - made of one or more prims...often you will see straight mini's made with a jacket or pant layer and then a prim panel to make the front of skit. - but not a flexi skirt is a usually a multi-prim skirt with the but each is turned soft

Nonprim skirt just a skirt layer and usually you have to adjust your shape to wear them or look like a huge bubble butt

Sooo, that least my explanation and probably as clear as mud!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.